Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

spnlhmTpnxYQ.

0 0

How hard can it possibly be!?!? Ima tell you ITS VERY HARD lol. The MD5 encryption was easy because I had a AOL bot resource. But this spnlhmTpnxYQ. DES encryption(think its DES im almost positive) is hard to un encrypt…i cant use John The Ripper because I have MAC OS X so I can't download JTR and I don't see a place online at the JTR site when I can just hack spnlhmTpnxYQ. without d/l anything.

0 1

if you cant use JTR what i would do is make a really simple DES table on a web server and just check it with that.

just use a really small dicrionaty file, that should do it.

0 0

ive tried cracking for over 2 hours both in brute force and with the cain list, but i still havent cracked it. i tried forcing the lm format, but it wouldnt load the hash…does anyone know if its possibl that i may have less trouble if i ran jtr on my ubuntu?

0 0

okay so i need to use a wordlist, but which one? there are hundreds out there…

0 0

I thought you could just use the wordlist that came with JTR, correct me if I am wrong though…

0 0

Use any word list as long as its big. The infamous Argon one is pretty good

0 0

sadly our big assed argon failed to crack it lol searches for another biggy

0 0

make sure oyu unzipped it I had that prblem :)

0 0

am I just wasting my time with the regular JTR wordlist? I have had it running for 5 hours and nothing.

0 0

Yeah, you are. Go find a dictionary wordlist - with actual words. This one had me stumped for ever. I ran JTR's list on it for 2 days before giving up. Finally, on advice, I used a dictionary list - with common everyday words in it and cracked it in 10 seconds. Which is, after spending an entire week using the argon lists - and the john list, really f***ing annoying. Just do a google search for dictionary lists. Good luck.

0 0

hint: it is a very commonly used word that is not in most dictionaries :P

0 0

i think I used jtr with C&A wordlist and other ones I found over net… but I really can't remember everything what I did…

0 0

Magicbus: You cracked for 5 hours with a wordlist?! OMFG… :p

0 0

i saved that hash in a txt file called password.txt. the file is just the hash, nothing else. i tried loading it into cain but it comes up with an error. any help?

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Magicbus: You cracked for 5 hours with a wordlist?! OMFG… :p

lol yeahh, I still haven't gotten this yet either. I thought spyware said it was crackable through the wordlist JTR provides. idkk. lol :whoa:

0 0

You have to type it like user:hash so write something like

hbh:spnlhmTpnxYQ.

and save it in a text file called other10.txt Then run

john-mmx.exe –wordlist=FILE –session=hbhwl other10.txt

just replace FILE with your wordlist. If you need to bruteforce (can take long time, but always gets it), run this instead:

john-mmx.exe –session=hbhbf other10.txt

0 0

heres what i did: i saved a txt document called password. all that was in it was: hbh:spnlhmTpnxYQ.

i opened cain, went to cracker, clicked lm, and pushed the +. i clicked browse, and opened password.txt, but it comes up as blank. please help.

Admin from hell
0 0

Can't use cain on a des hash, Use jtr;)

0 0

well i was trying for many hours,

and now i am beating my head when i got the answer finally.

running the mdcrack for the md5 one.

0 0

don't necropost. This was almost 2 YEARS old

You Like this!
90 0

lol. that would get you ban so fast. Why would you dig up a really old topic?

You Like this!
90 0

Bro really? A 3 year topic for a pointless post.

LOCKED!