Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

other 10

0 0

First of all, I'm NOT here to ask how to crack or something like that. I've have some experience using programs like C*** and J** ;)

I just want to know the password's lenght. I'm already running the cracker for about 3 hours and I'm just wondering…

0 0

I see that not too many people took it on themself to ask a questions about this challenge, so I'm asking (with not much experience in hash cracking)… so If anyone could kindly HINT at (no spoilers, please) on how to go about accomplishing this mission, it'd be greatly appreciated. The hash is: hbh:spnlhmTpnxYQ. (I'm not sure if the period is part of it, or not).

0 0

Just keep on cracking :p

0 1

yes the period is part of the hash.

this hash is encyrpted using hte DES alithogram.

There are various programs that can crack this the most popular is John the Ripper. Or you could code a quick php script to do it for you.

The Manager
0 0

Quick Question on your computer. WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A PERFECT DIVISIBLE BY 512 WITH DDR!!!

You should NEVER….NEVER NEVER! have a divisible by 256 with DDR. 2 chips OR 4 chips…none of this 3 chip CRAP!

512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc…

Those are the sweet spots for DDR RAM to give you the best performance on your investment.

Sorry for all the CAPS but I shiver when I see people with odd DDR setups :p

0 0

lol yeah .. aldar is absolutely right..

about the crackers; john the ripper, cain&abel and MDcrack (please remember the process function in winxp);

what do you think it's the best cracker?

0 0

thanks for the PM!

0 0

Hey guys, this one seems to be an uncrackable one.I was running my program for 2 nights. The 1st time I was trying to BF it and the 2nd time I was trying to attack it via wordlist.But both methods didn't work. Anyway it's a strange one :|

0 0

I've been stumped on this one for a while. I used for brute force (almost 3 days), and also used JTR worldlist, as well as Cain's worldlist…

What other wordlist should i be looking for as there are thousands out there. I just need a hint into which ones to look into.

0 0

I am using TheArgon wordlist. The best one out there ;) But also this one did not help yet. Is there any trick?

The Manager
0 0

yeah the trick is figuring out exactally what it is ;) I got it within 4 hours of cracking on a P4 3.0GHz, 1024MB RAM so you should be able to crack it :P

0 0

It would be much easier if we know what kind of table is used in here. Letters? Digits? Length? Seems to be impossible for my computer :(

0 0

Yay Cracked it with JTR went on 11 hours :D

0 0

I did it in about 20 sec with a wordlist…

0 0

Yes :) I got it in 20 sec with a new wordlist :)

0 0

what wordlist though?

0 0

gah….damn. i had been working on this one for so long until i found out that fucking period was part of the hash. lol. thanks guys

0 0

(i know this thread is really old)

but which wordlist are you using? JtR running for a long time screws up utorrent and i'd like to seed my new torrent tonight. thx

0 0

im pretty sure i used either jtr or lophtcrack

0 0

This is kind of weird, everyone is saying you can use a wordlist to crack it, and yet I've downloaded every single wordlist from argon, including argonofficial2 or w/e which is a 2 gig wordlist. And still I haven't cracked it. :@

0 0

I'm cracking it right now, have been for about four hours. I don't mind the waiting, it'll get there eventually. =D

0 0

i've been cracking for 8 hours :/

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: I'm cracking it right now, have been for about four hours. I don't mind the waiting, it'll get there eventually. =D

Yea I stopped brute forcing after about 2 days (and my processor isn't bad, 3 ghz) :p

0 0

I'm probably going to leave it running through the night, that's what other people have recommended.

0 0

I used JTR and a wordlist and it only took me a second to crack it.

tip : The word is in every dictionary i know (if anyone thinks i've said to much just pm me and i'll change my post).

0 0

Sp3tzn4z wrote: I used JTR and a wordlist and it only took me a second to crack it.

tip : The word is in every dictionary i know (if anyone thinks i've said to much just pm me and i'll change my post).

How is that saying too much? The fact that it's on a wordlist (of moderate size, though unstated) pretty much infers that it is a common word. In general, though, it's always better to use wordlists first, rather than jumping right into bruting.

The Argon list is probably the best wordlist out there. v2 is around 2GB long, if I remember right; however, I usually just use v1 (~26MB).

0 0

or just what follows the : as that is the password part?