Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Probs with telnet

0 0

Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.

0 0

Not suer if this is your case, but when you tamper with servers they sometimes add a disallow and disallow your IP from accessing the server. This has happened to me a few times when attempting penetration tests.

0 0

Aceee wrote: Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.

you're a huge idiot. you can't "hack" with telnet. go back to reading textfiles from the 80s, buddy.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: [quote]Aceee wrote: Hello to every1 at HBH. I'm new, and I just started with basics. I got stucked when using telnet to hack a site. Now, whenever I try to connnect to a site (like google in one of the articles) my connection just seems to hang. I was wondering if it takes so long or is there any problem. Thx in forward.

you're a huge idiot. you can't "hack" with telnet. go back to reading textfiles from the 80s, buddy.[/quote]

Not necessarily. There have been countless security holes found in telnet, and pretty recent. Here's a blog on a 0day found in Sun's software:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=31

:D;)

0 0

slpctrl wrote:

Not necessarily. There have been countless security holes found in telnet, and pretty recent. Here's a blog on a 0day found in Sun's software:

this is true, however, I'm sure this guy isn't aware of the fact that you have to try to exploit the service rather then the port. also, he said he was trying to "hack a site", not "hack a machine", which further proves his ignorance to how telnet functions.

:happy:

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: [quote]slpctrl wrote:

this is true, however, I'm sure this guy isn't aware of the fact that you have to try to exploit the service rather then the port. also, he said he was trying to "hack a site", not "hack a machine", which further proves his ignorance to how telnet functions.

:happy:[/quote]

Oh, I don't disagree at all I'm sure he had no clue what he was talking about. But it's still true that you can exploit telnet :):p