Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

How do you make something like HBH Radio?

0 0

So I listen to HBH Radio pretty often since I have discovered it, but I don't know how it works… I understand that it is a streaming music file, and I'm using iTunes to listen to it. The thing is, when I download or play something I have an insane impulse to figure out why it works, I just haven't figured out how to make my own type of music to stream over the internet for instance… I've even googled the hell out of it which is where I go to look for everything, this is why I have never posted a thread before… But I'm stumped and would just like someone to explain how to stream music! Thanks a lot,

Lover of Parkour
0 0

google "stream music" w/o the quotaion marks. The one HBHZine uses (I do belive) is the very first one.

EDIT: and the second link is a pretty good tutorial for doing it another way EDIT_AGAIN: Sorry for the two edits, but when the radio is down adn you click radio on the HBHZine website, it willtake you to the server page, in the upper right-hand-ish corner you will see a version number for the shoutcast. So, they are running SHOUTcast 1.9.5 on Linux

0 0

Thanks Neo, I'm using that second link you talked about and I'm working on making a stream file right now! I'll edit this when I have finished, thanks!

EDIT: The second site worked and I am streaming music as we speak! Thanks a lot I appriciate it!