Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Shoutbox problems?

0 0

Evening all, does anyone know why whenever I type something into the shoutbox I get "no off-site posts please."? I managed to use it twice yesterday but I can no longer use it…any suggestions? Cheers!

0 0

ya same thing happens to me

Lover of Parkour
0 0

do you have a referer on? I did one of the missions on another site that required you to change your referrer and I left it on…then when I tried to do that, then it messed it up.

It thinks that you are sending info from whatever site you have the referrer set to.

0 0

Its all a bit wierd, its never worked for me and then yesterday I managed to post 2 and then today its back to the same thing…does anyone have a clue why?

0 0

Thanks for the advice Neo, I used the web developer tool for FF to disable referrer but it still wont let me do it…hmm strange lol

0 0

pretty sure its to rid the problem of people using an offsite php script to spam the shoutbox

0 0

while I appreciate the need for that, its still annoying finding out that i cannot use it anymore lol

0 0

…And you're sure you're not using RefControl? The shoutbox has worked for me all the time I've been a member :p

0 1

the only reason you cant use it is that you have some program or plugin thats changing your reffer.

so stop running that program and the shoutbox will work. you need a on-site reffer to be able to use it.