Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Ranking System Point Boundries

0 1

Forum Posts + Points

Guest - 0 Newbie - 20 Apprentive - 200 Moderate - 350 Wiseman - 500 Active User - 700 Mad User - 950 Monster - 1200 Hacker Level 1 - 1500 Hacker Level 2 - 1700 Hacker Level 3 - 1900 Elite - 2100 Uber Elite - 2450 HBH Guru - 2700 God - 3500

0 0

Cool, apart from i likes the rank too elite to determine! Would it not be easy on you and you wouldnt have to change it when more challenges come in if you did it with percentages??

0 0

i agree percentages would work better.. and that way i could keep my old rank…

0 1

yeah but its slightly harder to do it that way.

also you could complete like 85% of the challenges without even attempting realistic ones etc.

so its much easier and i feel more accurate if we grade it this way.

i think its good it also includes forum posts, because peopel forget you also learn alot though helping others and reading forums. forum posts also help to judge how active a member you are too. (this isnt a invitation to spam, as you are aware, pointless threads/posts are always deleted)

0 0

I thought the forum posts bit was a bit pointless till there but i do realise how important it is to use the forums! Yeah, good point dont do percentages!!

0 0

maybe with forum posts it should just be in certain areas of the forum? not in all? because otherwise people are going to get them for doing jackshit in here, when with what you have said it is for helping people/ getting help. No?

0 0

how about percentage of people with the same points as you. then it would chnage as hbh chnages.

0 0

seems to be better anyway liked the percentage thing too

0 0

maybe in range of points..

imagine. there would be 2 poeple -1855 (for example), 2 people with 2025, 3 people with 600, one human with 3200, 100000 with 0

so it ,could be an idea doing it in ranges, which is in fact, percentages.well almost.

yeh setrop, me likes percents aswell, but cheese has a point with realistic challanges things…

0 0

aw… now im only hacker lvl 1….

but its better the new way.. since I wouldn't consider myself too elite to determine anyways…

so nice update.

0 0

one thing. it think it wouldn't be a bad idea to clean both articles and forums a bit. they're full of big spoilers

that post on stegano saying no spoilers allowed for two weeks. is just weird.

i mean what's the point of allowing them?

0 0

sakarin wrote: one thing. it think it wouldn't be a bad idea to clean both articles and forums a bit. they're full of big spoilers

that post on stegano saying no spoilers allowed for two weeks. is just weird.

i mean what's the point of allowing them?

I agree, you learn alot more from finding things yourself. i'dd say you are alowed to give hints but never spoilers. and why should you alow spoilers after two weeks? that would just mean that a lot of people would just wait 2 weeks before attempting a challenge

EDIT: if this is going to much off topic feel free te modify or delte my post

0 0

yeah, i think you's are right. What i really hate is the over load of pointless article that have one post or even none that have completely ended but are left on the forums with know educatinal content. These should defintely be deleted!

0 0

I dissagree i read articles and forum posts when I am stuck and I learn allot I always try a challange on my own first though and it is obvios when there is going to be a spoiler it usualy says it and i can decide not to read that part,If you dont want to learn you just give up and I am sure you people are good at spotting a fake so realy i dont see the big deal.

0 0

Yay! damn right too I never felt "too elite to determine"

0 0

exactly my thoguhts cuby

0 0

two more articles added today

both actual walkthroughs for basic 1-5 and real1

how do they get approved? what's the point on trying to do challenges here when this is allowed

0 0

If you were a n00b you wouldn't be complaining. You have to admit, helping others with things thats is obvious and not be able to say "LOOK YOU FKING CK HEAD THE PASSWORD IS *****" can sometimes push people to the edge and try getting really simple walkthroughs that give away everything through the boundaries. Just let the babies have the bottle and ignore them.

I just realised what the hell has that post got to do with this thread?

0 0

I like the new point system because it was saying im uber elite when i cant even do the realistic missions. I think monster is a nice rating. I can do something but not anything elite lol.

0 0

Why is it only points and forum posts.

I like that but I feel that articles show more activeness in the community. Perhaps the number of articles you have done with decent ratings should be worth points.

0 1

check out the other challenges. theres one for submitting a article that people thought was good.

0 0

Yer, you can only do that once!

0 0

Sounds like your getting greedy mozzer:p

0 0

I'm not greedy I just think if forum posts get points why not articles?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I agree with mozzer, I also had an idea like every 100 forum posts you get 10 points or something, you know to keep the fourms active

0 0

And so that people like Mr_Cheese and the other BIG posters don't have too much of an advantage

0 0

im not directing this to anyone in particular but, i dont see why people are bitching about being a lower rank than they were. to me this site is about gaining knowledge. who really cares what rank you are. it is about gaining knowledge we dont have.

0 0

Well said.

Rank no matter how much people say on the matter does have an impact on the respect you have. Some people liked their higher ranks but not many people are 'bitching' about it!

0 0

well yes your rank has authority, but i've noticed some people are acting like it is one big game. which it is kind of, but an informational game. like you would play at school. it teaches you stuff and that is what it is all about.

0 0

ImaPirate wrote: well yes your rank has authority, but i've noticed some people are acting like it is one big game. which it is kind of, but an informational game. like you would play at school. it teaches you stuff and that is what it is all about.

*and i thought i was hacking hbh for real…. :( *

and i tottaly agree with you :P

0 0

*and i thought i was hacking hbh for real…. :( *

and i tottaly agree with you :P

lol, you make me giggle.

0 0

Educational, hmmm, I never saw HBH as a game I used to see it as only a training ground. Recently I have seen it as more of a community than anything else.

Yer, in gaming you need points to show how good you are in fitness training you need "targets" to see how good you are.

As HBH is a community you need points to see how well you intergrate with the community

0 0

IDK..I like the ranking system we have right now. It doesn't rank me very high (lol) but it's mroe accurate like Mr_Cheese said.

0 0

weird , a guy ranked 55 when im 54 is an uber elite and im only an elite

...Legend?
0 0

thats because in the point system you have more points than him but he is above you with status due to his forum posts. His points + the forum posts have gave him the amount of points iun total to be a higher level than yourself.

FOund this hard to explain lol

0 0

didnt no forum posts counted

0 0

well that one did?

Python Ninja
0 0

percentages could too work. this is just a framework, but it would work well i think

total_points = all_challenge_points_added_together users_points = their_points

users_points/total_points = percentage ## so all you need is a script to add the new challenges points in

and if you want to keep the forums help your ranking thing

math.sqrt(total_points-users_points)/10 = forum_points percentage + forum_points*forum_posts = ranking_points

use the square root to make people with few points not a big gain on forum posts

0 0

do i have a title mad user? cus i havent breached 950 yet…?

0 0

points + forum posts

0 0

how does forum post work? i thought u just get points after a certain number?

0 0

its all of your forum post + all of your real points to equal wat u have to get to get to the next rating so u have 76 posts plus ur 880 points makes 956 total which is over 950 so u r a mad user

0 0

heh…i guess the ranking system is alright, but i agree with a post(quite a bit ago) that decently rated articles should get some weight too. I've seen alot of people with some really decent artilces that are ranked lower, let's give more incentive to write articles too, but with that we do need(again as said before) much more decent moderation of articles so that crappy articles dont get counted/submitted

0 0

I can't agree. You can find almost the same articles somewhere on the internet so no need to give points for articles..

The Manager
0 0

Xyng wrote: I can't agree. You can find almost the same articles somewhere on the internet so no need to give points for articles..

Xyng…Not all articles are copy/pasted.

If you can find my article on the Justice system then Please let me know because that is an original piece of work by me.

Not everyone in this site is a Plagerizer ;)

0 0

I was wondering how the ranking system worked.

0 0

Points and rank don't really matter because this should just be an informational site, but if you use points then it shows how complicated a challenge may be, and if you use rank it shows that you're improving. Like for example, someone could go from noob to monster in one month and they'd probably be like "Yea, I'm really getting this stuff, I guess I'm doing pretty good". So it helps someone realize kind of that they're improving. Like if they completed a fourty point challenge, they'd probably be more happy then completing a five point challenge.

And I like the new ranking system too :p.

0 0

i agree with aldarhawk. my stuff isn't plagiarized either. but it really doesnt matter the rankings…so its kinda a moot point. i suppose its a personal thing