Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Recent HBH Attacks

0 1

ok, recently HBH has been getting alot of attacks due to certain members "dislike" to hbh.

This is getting stupid and is a complete inconvience.

I know the very large majority of active and well respected members enjoy and like HBH, however as always the minority spoil it for the majority.

So, lets get to the bottom of this. Im interested in knowing why theres a sudden dislike to HBH from a few people. Hopefully if the replies are articulate enough then HBH can act on this, and perhaps change some of the things people dislike, so HBH can become again a friendly environment.

Please post articulate replies below and hopefully soon we can get this sorted out.

0 0

Well, I know that when I disliked HBH it was because I was a pompous little prick, who thought I was too good for you guys and quit when you demoted me (I wish I couldve been much more mature, I'm a very good staff member a I do work very hard). Now I realise my mistakes. Either way, to those of you that don't like HBH and are DoSing it, attacking it, etc…: Lighten up. These people work hard and rarely get any monetary benefit from there work. The sad thing with hackers is that they frequently end up destroying there teachers when they disagree with them. Listen. You'll always disagree with something, but that doesnt mean you have to fuck it over for people that agree with it. I hated HBH because they were very opinionated, but now that I think about it, everyone is, no matter what. I hope my reply is appreciated and not taken the wrong way, <3 Xer0X

0 0

Well I'm happy to see you addressing the issues, Mr_Cheese. I don't have much to say, really, as I don't have any problems with Hellbound Hackers. Just wanted to say that you're taking the appropriate action.

To the people attacking HBH, please stop. You're putting HBH's hosting space at risk and without HBH, a lot of hackers won't have a place to hang out and learn. Us hackers need to stop fighting with each other and cooperate to fight our true enemies.

So please, whatever reasons you started attacking HBH for, come out with them now and things can be settled.

0 0

I think a lot of the hackers were mainly angrered by the environment towards new hackers. And towards those that have hacked your site. Reporting them is not the way a hacking site goes about it, if you really enjoy hacking you probably dont like the illeagality so why try to prosicuite (sp?) every one that hacks your site? Like the old hack was just a line or two over the front page saying owned by such and such. This recent SkareCrow one was 3/4 lines of HTML incredibly easy to fix but you still threatened to report him. Also this doesn't help:

Mr_Cheese wrote: I know the very large majority of active and well respected members enjoy and like HBH, however as always the minority spoil it for the majority. LOL funny though.

0 0

Yuh but RedDwarf ( yes I know its you :P) alot of the hackers that hack HBH know they could hck HBH in an instant. And DoSer sont post thier name anywhere or gain much fame, it's just malicous it is designed to destroy a site rememeber: when a site goes down or runs incredibly slow it doesnt matter that it will be back up tomorrow or next week it loses users by the dozen.

0 0

lol, yup

0 0

Here's just my 2 cents on the whole issue. You can disagree all you want and that's fine. So why attack HBH anyway? Especially if your apart of the site and it has helped you learned something or two. I know some of you are/were admins that helped/did attack this site. If you're already an admin wtf are you thinking anyways?? So freaking retarded, you all need to grow up. Hacking and editing certain things like giving yourself pts (skarecrow) was funny and all but come on don't DoS the site no matter what your grudge is with other members. It's a huge inconvience for everyone else when the site is down and we want to get on. For your stupidity, we all pay. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

aVoid

0 0

Oh looky i just found 2 cents!!

0 0

Its like Xer0X said, people just don't agree on thier viewpoints.

I know that there have bene times when I have been less than happy with HBH (like when HBH attacked HC and I had my PM box flooded), but I've never D/DoSed them or hacked the site. There is just no reason for it. Seriously, stop and think. The Internet is what? A bunch of packets on a network? And all those insults and defacements are just ASCII text on a screen. In other words, nothing substantial.

If the people who are doing it think they;re being super cool blackhats or whatever, think again. I've known some blackhats, and have even partaken in some of their idiotic "wars". It always ends up with the target(s) being rooted, password files copied and cracked, sniffers set up on the vitcims shells (BNC's etc) and email accounts, and then the box that was rooted gets `# nohup rm -rf /* ' .

If people have problems with HBH, voice them instead of DoSing or attacking the site. Like all the other posters in this thread have said, it basically boils down to "don't bite the hand that feeds".

0 0

n3w7yp3 wrote: I know that there have bene times when I have been less than happy with HBH (like when HBH attacked HC and I had my PM box flooded), but I've never D/DoSed them or hacked the site. There is just no reason for it. Seriously, stop and think. The Internet is what? A bunch of packets on a network? And all those insults and defacements are just ASCII text on a screen. In other words, nothing substantial.

So you come on a hacking site all day to learn how to do nothing? Then attempt challenges in doing nothing? LMAO

0 0

hmm… this is very insightful LOL

0 0

wolfmankurd: Seriously, what do the challenges on HBH (and most other hacking sites) actually teach? Not much. I'm not saying that hacking is nothing. Didn't I just make a mention about rm'ing boxen? But if the admins have backups of the index page, or if the defacment team has been kind enough to leave backups, its no big deal. All of a 30 second fix. If someone insults you on IRC, do you go off and DoS them? Personally, I don't cause they can think what they want, its text on a screen, and they can feel like an asshole when they have to come ask me a question.

I'm not here to argue with you. We're on the same side. If you, or anyone on HBH ever wants to talk to me about this, my IM nick (AIM) is in my profile, and i can be found on IRC at irc.nullnetwork.net #hf (SSL is on port 6697).

Zero Cool
0 0

Personally Mr_Cheese I have no Problem with this site I have enjoyed every minute of being here and learning new things ,I think that it's a damn shame that a few bad apples have to spoil the bunch .I would like to take the oppertunity to thank Cheese and all the Admins for Putting up with all the shit from those "certain people" .If it where anybody else they might have given up and shut the site down for good because they where tired of trying to fight the attacks .Thanks Guys

0 0

Ah yes but a couple of ascii on a page is all you are effecting. If someone insults you with a couple of ascii's one a pagen then in your arguement its more then fair too attack a couple of ascii's on a page? Im not saying DoSing is OK, it should just be taken into account taht there are some battles you cant win; being DoSed is one of them.

0 1

first off i'd like to thank everyone who posted their opinions.

i completely agree with "dont bite the hand that fed you" and what you sayd about DDOSing. Hopefully a few more of the atackers could post so we can get both sides of the argument.

n3w7yp3 wrote: I know that there have bene times when I have been less than happy with HBH (like when HBH attacked HC and I had my PM box flooded),

• just to let you know. That wasnt us, and a certain someone was trying to frame HBH. I thought i had mentioned this to you, but obvioulsy not :-/

0 0

Mr_Cheese: Ah, kk. But like I said, I have no problems with HBH, and am very happy to see that it is back online again! Hopefully the new hos will be better than your old one :)

0 0

Its good that you're actually addressing the issue. Most administrators just ignore the problems and post an annoucement addressing the issue and no official discsussion made.

I guess that most SKiddie (I was once a malicious SKiddie) and I took every advantage I had to join hacking forums, I was introduced by my closest friend to library.2ya.com (full of kiddie programs) and I felt that I was so leet hacking emails and DoSing sites and taking down sites and hacking the administrator to delete the backup present on the Desktop.

It was all for fame's sake, I just wanted people to have something to talk about. Something really cool, but all I got was 'what a n00b' and people just pissed off that there favourite site was going down. As for taking down hacking sites, it was a pleasure to see all hackers that I knew talking about me, it made me feel big.

That was a long time ago, now I've got that totally out of my system. I'm a grey-hat, I dont own sites, I just search for vulnerable servers, and report to the administrator the vulnerability present in his system, etc. I haven't been here for a long time, just a few days, but I can tell that HBH is a great community full with knowledge and articles, hackers all over the world in one discussion forum along with tons of interesting and logically challenging hacking missions.

SKiddies that are attacking this site just want to be famous somewhere that is quite famous and somewhere were hackers are present to be known in the 'hacking universe'. Well, that was my bigass 2 cents ;)

~ oxeh

0 0

oxeh wrote: Its good that you're actually addressing the issue. Most administrators just ignore the problems and post an annoucement addressing the issue and no official discsussion made.

I guess that most SKiddie (I was once a malicious SKiddie) and I took every advantage I had to join hacking forums, I was introduced by my closest friend to library.2ya.com (full of kiddie programs) and I felt that I was so leet hacking emails and DoSing sites and taking down sites and hacking the administrator to delete the backup present on the Desktop.

It was all for fame's sake, I just wanted people to have something to talk about. Something really cool, but all I got was 'what a n00b' and people just pissed off that there favourite site was going down. As for taking down hacking sites, it was a pleasure to see all hackers that I knew talking about me, it made me feel big.

That was a long time ago, now I've got that totally out of my system. I'm a grey-hat, I dont own sites, I just search for vulnerable servers, and report to the administrator the vulnerability present in his system, etc. I haven't been here for a long time, just a few days, but I can tell that HBH is a great community full with knowledge and articles, hackers all over the world in one discussion forum along with tons of interesting and logically challenging hacking missions.

SKiddies that are attacking this site just want to be famous somewhere that is quite famous and somewhere were hackers are present to be known in the 'hacking universe'. Well, that was my bigass 2 cents ;)

~ oxeh

That's where your wrong. Not every hacker that hacks this site are skiddys. ;) Why is it when ever someone hacks a site someone goes and call them a skiddy? Some people actually code there own dosing programs :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

0 1

well, what benefit comes from D/DOSing HBH?

and, the reason the past attackers. (espcially anarchy99) have been labeled as skiddies, is because there was no skill involved in the attack.

I think the main point that this thread is flagging up is, if you have a problem with HBH, there is no point in bringing it down. There are plenty of upstanding and respected members on this site who enjoy visiting. This site causes no harm to anyone else, so its selfish if it is taken offline by a few immature hackers looking for their 5mins of fame.

Not to mention it is most likely HBH that has taught these pathetic attackers the skills in which they used against HBH. So it becomes completely immorale and low when they decide to "bite the hand that feeds them".

HBH has alot to offer. The amount of time admins put into this site is incredable. Each week something new is added to benefit HBH members / admins. This site easily has the potential to become the largest and informative site in its field.

For these reasons i cant understand the logic behind hacking HBH. considering D/DOSing HBH wont give the hackers their 5mins of fame, seeing as no defacement is made. So, this must mean they have attacked HBH for personal reasons. This is what i would like to get to the bottom of. These selfish people obvioulsy have some vendetta agasint HBH. So, if we can find out why that is, perhaps we can change, so we can prevent further attacks.

0 0

That's where your wrong. Not every hacker that hacks this site are skiddys. Why is it when ever someone hacks a site someone goes and call them a skiddy? Some people actually code there own dosing programs

I have never met someone who coded their own DoS program and used it maliciously on forums in this field. Mr Cheese is quite correct, SKiddies who just want to bring down the site just because they disagree or think its not the largest informative site or just dislike its layout (sometimes people go that far) must really quit their malicious habits.

I guess the thread won't change that much but will certainly send out a message, and HBH should have a security team for itself, the services HBH provide looks excellent but maybe HBH is in need in what it offers.

0 1

oxeh wrote: the services HBH provide looks excellent but maybe HBH is in need in what it offers.

actually, there has only been 1 hack (very early when HBH had just started out) that was a result of poor security. All the attacks afterwards, have either been a result of trsuted admins, suddenly backstabbing the site, OR it has been a result of something HBH cant control (i.e very simple cross server hacks)

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: well, what benefit comes from D/DOSing HBH?

and, the reason the past attackers. (espcially anarchy99) have been labeled as skiddies, is because there was no skill involved in the attack.

I think the main point that this thread is flagging up is, if you have a problem with HBH, there is no point in bringing it down. There are plenty of upstanding and respected members on this site who enjoy visiting. This site causes no harm to anyone else, so its selfish if it is taken offline by a few immature hackers looking for their 5mins of fame.

Not to mention it is most likely HBH that has taught these pathetic attackers the skills in which they used against HBH. So it becomes completely immorale and low when they decide to "bite the hand that feeds them".

HBH has alot to offer. The amount of time admins put into this site is incredable. Each week something new is added to benefit HBH members / admins. This site easily has the potential to become the largest and informative site in its field.

For these reasons i cant understand the logic behind hacking HBH. considering D/DOSing HBH wont give the hackers their 5mins of fame, seeing as no defacement is made. So, this must mean they have attacked HBH for personal reasons. This is what i would like to get to the bottom of. These selfish people obvioulsy have some vendetta agasint HBH. So, if we can find out why that is, perhaps we can change, so we can prevent further attacks.

Actually i Own most of what i have learnt to wolfmankurd. Not HBH.

I agree thatDosing is a crappy thing to do… thats why i havent done it to you. Even thoe i disagree with you on most things. P.S Anarchy 99 is not a skiddy hacking group, most of the people there are good guys. Yes even you Reddwarf ¬_¬