Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

programming challenge

0 0

can we have another programming challenge?? :)

0 1

what would you suggest it be?

i was thinking perhaps.

"Program a exclusive HBH Chat system. Memebers download a client file, that connects to a single server, where they can communicate with everyone who is online."

0 0

Sounds nice, but that will be hard I think.

I mean, the application has to manage about 1000 connections at least. Also considering HBH is growing, it has to be easy to adjust.

Maybe with the use of the .NET framework? I mean, C# devs and VB.NET or VB 2005 can work together easily (e.g. a module written in C# can be used in a Visual Basic 2005 form and vice versea without any problems).

0 0

1000 connections? no. More along the lines of 50.

0 0

Not everyone on HBH is active. That at least cuts it to 1/8th. Then, not everyone would use it, especially not at once. Maybe 50 at most.

No .NET. Run the server on UNIX. GCC, people.

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote:"Program a exclusive HBH Chat system. Memebers download a client file, that connects to a single server, where they can communicate with everyone who is online."

Could be done in Flash, pretty easily..

0 0

nah stupid idea, wouldnt get many submissions…

maybe some sort of management program…?

0 1

this is most likely going to be the new challenge.. what you think?

Create a buddy system for HBH. A buddy panel will be added to HBH, where members can "add" friends fo their list, so they can see their points/online status easier. It also makes it to PM your friends.

obvioulsy it has to be a web based lanauge, ie, javascript / php.

The winner will have their submisson used on the hbh site.

0 0

oooh that sounds fun!

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: this is most likely going to be the new challenge.. what you think?

I think it's cool, it would benefit the site as well as being a challenge.. nice idea =P