Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Dodgy Android Permissions

10 9

Hey HBH it's quiz time.

What kind of apk do you think has the following permissions ?

It can use the camera to take pictures and video, and uploaded them at anytime, without your confirmation.

Read and save data about your contact list, including how many times you've emailled, called or sent sms messsges to each contact.

Get a list of all accounts known on the phone, including accounts from any and all apps you have installed. with a further option to "Manage" those accounts.

Modify or write data to the phones system settings without your knowledge.

Install packages without any user interaction or confirmation.

Read and write data to the sync settings for any account, with the option to enable and sync accounts that are turned off.

Make phone calls to any number without user confirmation or knowledge.

Process outgoing calls in order to see the number being dialled, with an option to redirect the call to a different number, or even abort it all together.

Read all incoming and outgoing call data from the call logs, including saving itself a copy.

Receive and proccess all SMS and MMS messages, this gives it the ability to monitor and delete messages sent to or from the device, without ever showing them to you

Create system alert windows, or draw on top of other running apps or the user interface, this allows it to change what you think you are seeing, when you use other apps.

It was number 1 in its category for last months 'Editors choice" app on the PlayStore, and its probably more likely it's something your mum would download.

0 0

Its one of those things for finding out where your kids are ….. like parent trackers. I dunno the exact name. :o

10 0

Rocket_Face wrote: Its one of those things for finding out where your kids are ….. like parent trackers. I dunno the exact name. :o

Family Locator?

0 0

As it seems mainly call based, is it some kind of fancy answering machine that messes with spammers by showing them fake video and redirecting their phones to premium numbers. ?

0 0

No its not for locating your family gobi its for locating youre kids. But I suppose they must be simillar.

10 9

Unlucky Gump brothers you were so close too.

It was an app that tells you your Horoscope.

10 9

The app itself appears to be totally legit, despite those permissions.

So, what stops a dev from using the exact same permissions in a similar app, but with purely nefarious purposes in mind ?

0 0

Probably a strong moral compass. :D:D

0 0

Google play have either removed your app or maybe you spelled it wrong, as the links not working for me.

0 0

Fuck me rocket it was clearly a joke. Are you really that stupid ?

0 0

No he is way dumber in real life trust me. On here he has time to think before he hits post, so he can sometimes look cleverer than what he really is.

10 9

he can sometimes look cleverer than what he really is. lol I seriously doubt that