Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

kodi security

0 0

I always use a vpn with kodi but it can be slow at peak hours, I'd like to know if using an encrypted dns instead would still be enough to keep me anonymous and out of jail. Thanks.

10 9

With a VPN there shouldn't be any "peak hours" as the servers are located worldwide, so it's more likely that it's your ISP that's slowing things down if that's the case.

VPN's are way more secure than some encrypted DNS protocol that hardly anyone is using, but if it's a free VPN then you can expect it to be pretty slow most of the time, and to be selling your usuage data off to pay for itself.

In that case invest in a decent high speed VPN with a no logs policy and an ethernet cable for your television, and you'll be good to go.

0 0

Thanks mate I tried the ethernet cable and it made a big difference . How do I speed test the VPN on Android tv though, it only lets you have one open window, and my browser seems to have no javascript.

10 9

Test it from directly inside kodi using something like the Indigo add-on as it has a section for network speed tests, then you can find the fastest servers on whatever VPN you're using.

If kodi still buffers, try side loading something less resource intensive like the Tererium or Show Box apk onto your Android TV from your phone, it has virtually the same content anyway.

0 0

Thanks a lot dude !!!!

All my problems were solved by switching to those .apk's you sent me.

I don't know if my tv doesn't have enough RAM to deal with kodi or what, but now everything loads way quicker and smoother than before, and there are no dead links, and the ethernet cable made the connection so much better that it's never buffered since.

Thanks again.

0 0

How come kodi doesn't have some form of built in encryption like uTorrent does ?

I mean with uTorrent if you tick the enable encryption box, it bypasses the need for a vpn as your ISP can't tell what it is that you're downloading, so does anyone know why that isn't a feature on kodi ?

There must be a good reason why it's not, but I just can't think why.

0 0

No idea about the encryption thing.

If you're only using Indigo for the speed tests, then you should try ArnuBox instead as its a standalone apk, and saves you loading an unnecessary add on.

10 9

Yeah I use that as well, but he already had the Indigo add-on installed on his build.