Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Issue with HBH connection

0 0

Hello, Usually i am not the one to write in forums, but this time i guess i have no choice. Durring my attempt to solve basic challange 12, HBH website became unreachable to me, so i thought maybe the serve is down or smth, next day the same, but low and behold.. i can connect to it from my phone. So i came to conclusion, that my ip must be banned for some reason. I can connect to HBH using proxies, but that is not a long term solution. Would be grate to get some help or advise.

10 0

As I said to SilentThunderNL, did you try to change your DNS settings? Also, could you provide us with a screenshot or some extra info? Many brains are better than one, we might be able to troubleshoot :P

10 9

Aye I've been trying to find a link between the 4 members I know have had issues with being blocked, but apart from Chrome being the browser they all used, there wasn't much to go on.

That's interesting it's happened on Basic 12,  as before it only seemed to be triggered when attempting to do Realistic 7.

The interesting part, is that both those challenges simulate the same vulnerability.

0 0

Hi, I did not change any settings. I tried connecting from other laptop, same problem. A few screenshots: https://prnt.sc/i7a4lx https://prnt.sc/i7a7xx

BTW, i also used chrome at the time, but tried other browsers afterwards, no luck.

325 0

Heyyyyy I am gonna slide in these dms right quick since this happened to me. I found my issue. So I had some extensions that were blocking me in chrome from the site and it was being dumb so disable those and if you still can't there is hope do not worry :) I learned a fun little trick way back in high school and I think hutz will enjoy this

Go ahead and push yourself into your cmd (assuming you have one I don't know the linux equivalent of this) and change the color to 0a (gotta look cool) Then go ahead and type ipconfig /release and presto you should be good. Maybe a linux user could slam the terminal instrucions in here but it worked for me (:

10 9

It's alright dude, no one in the NSA or Freemasons will come and get you for letting us in on the big secret.

So, how about you whisper to us all the names of those fucking extensions that you disabled.

PS. I just phoned Kevin Mitnick and told him about that ipconfig thing, we both think it's great. thumbs up

0 0

Tried from another browser with no addons at all, no change. I have the same print screens as immaginos. I also did flushdns, just to be sure, no luck. From another pc which is on another subnet, same thing. It happened when doing the Real 7 challenge while trying to log in succesfully with a teacher account that could change grades. Screen went blank after the fifth account and poof, bye bye connection.

325 0

I had to diasble but then I could re enable

1. Ultrasurf

2. Edit this cookie

3. Tampermonkey

4. ghostery

Hope this helps guys (:

10 0

Huitzilopochtli wrote: It's alright dude, no one in the NSA or Freemasons will come and get you for letting us in on the big secret.

So, how about you whisper to us all the names of those fucking extensions that you disabled.

PS. I just phoned Kevin Mitnick and told him about that ipconfig thing, we both think it's great. thumbs up

hahahahaha epic comment!

@julabarton I'm not sure that by releasing your local DHCP settings will help with that.

It's not a browser issue. I don't believe it's a client-side issue at all; @immaginos can't even ping and ICMP is enabled.

325 0

I am not sure it will help either gobz lol I just know it worked for me (: also I think Rex knows this is happening and is causing it and I think this is real 19 xD

0 0

Problem solved, can connect again.

0 0

Hi, Problem is solved for me too. Maybe I'll skip this basis 12..

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Mordak is gonna have a look through the logs later, and see if we can find the cause, but if it can be triggered by those two challenges, then its safe to assume there will probably be others that will do the same.

Anyway, we'll find out tonight and I'll update the thread if there's anything new to add. thumbs up