Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Challenge help in articles and forum

0 0

I was wondering, how much of you check out the articles for help and how much people do challenges without any help?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I sometimes need to check articles and forum posts, about %50 of the time I'd think, just because I have a nasty habit of seriously over complicating the challenges, or just missing a small grammar bit or way of wording, etc.

When it comes to understanding the basic concepts, though, I rarely ever need articles/forum posts to help.

0 0

It depends on the challange I guess. If it's something I'm at a complete loss with then I'll check an article.

Most of the time challenges are just a case of trial and error if you're on the right track. Articles can help you get on that track if your going completly the wrong way.

0 0

I check out articles if I'm stuck for more than 10 minutes.

Admin from hell
0 0

gregorian wrote: I check out articles if I'm stuck for more than 10 minutes.

You should read more, You've posted for help on damn near every challenge you've done. Use the forums as a last resort, You'll learn more by searching yourself.

0 0

korg wrote: You should read more, You've posted for help on damn near every challenge you've done. Use the forums as a last resort, You'll learn more by searching yourself.

I understand, but that's a huge exaggeration. I've asked for help around five times for 60+ challenges I've done. Now five might be a large number, but it certainly isn't anywhere close to the number of challenges I've done.

Even out of the threads I've made, Realistic 13's logs part is certainly flawed. If it works once out of 20+ times for the exact same input, there's really nothing that can be done about it. Today, the Basic 24 IRC bot quit.

The forums are my last resort. I try Google, HelpBot and the article before that. But I'm sorry if I appeared like a nuisance.

Admin from hell
0 0

You seemed to have posted them all in the same week it seems, and I deleted a few more than what is still posted too. (Spoilers). Space them out if you need help not one after another that gets annoying.

0 0

Sure thing.