Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Which Is worse

0 0

Which do you think is worse? 1.)Necroing an old thread to add a few suggestions/ask a few questions. 2.)Creating another thread with almost the same topic.

Banned
0 0

There is a really old thread from 2006 which addressed the same problem, try posting there.

Oh wait.

0 0

Hahaha. damn you spyware I was about to say the same thing.

Also AIDS, no matter what the choices are, AIDS is worst.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

onejerlo wrote: Which do you think is worse? 1.)Necroing an old thread to add a few suggestions/ask a few questions. 2.)Creating another thread with almost the same topic. Reviving an old discussion and adding useful, new, still relevant details is one thing; necroing a long dead thread and posting information that's no longer of any use is completely another.

We have threads full of suggestions for HBH that get revived every so often when somebody has a new suggestion, and that's fine.

I've also seen threads asking for help with computer problems revived 2 years after the OP's last visit to give a suggestion for how to fix it. That is a waste of space.

0 0

wtf is necroing?

0 0

Ah lol

Retired
10 0

Maybe add a button that lets you post without bumping?

0 0

SAGE!

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: Maybe add a button that lets you post without bumping?

Posting in an old thread without bumping it is pretty darn useless.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

yours31f wrote: Maybe add a button that lets you post without bumping? What might be more useful is after some certain amount of time inactive, red text should appear next to the thread saying "Dead" or something. Either that or reinstating the automatic thread locking.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: Maybe add a button that lets you post without bumping? What might be more useful is after some certain amount of time inactive, red text should appear next to the thread saying "Dead" or something. Either that or reinstating the automatic thread locking.[/quote]

I like yours3lf's idea, but someone would have to get rid of all of the useless threads. I have more faith in HBH weeding than I do planting, when it comes to updating the site.

0 0

Well,what if the thread is of general interest to most people and could act as a reference? For example,I have a suggestion to add to the "Trying To Override Basic Windows Executables" that was recently necroed/revived(depends on your view) by RootsBabilonia.

That topic will always be of interest but since there is very little to mention,I don't think making it into an article is advisable.

Since new methods will always pop up(lets face it,windows is not exactly idiot proof),there must be some way to prevent idiots from posting idiotic things and necroing it but allowing good suggestions to be posted.

I suggest that all new posts to dead threads be sent to a small group of volunteers,who would check if the post is relevant and whether or not to allow it. (I know its easier said than done.) Note:I say volunteers because I think that moderators and admins will probably be too busy to check loads of messages.

@wolfmankurd:AIDS?Surely you don't mean that the Acquired immune deficiency syndrome has something to do with this.

0 0

I have the urge to bookmark this and save it a couple years and then bump it when least expected. Then again I'm really tired right now and in the morning this will seem like a really stupid idea. Oh well.