Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A+ Certification

0 0

I have studied from some books,and I am ready for some more studying,maybe in December I will take my A+ Certification Exam to become certified. Does anyone have any suggestions on taking the Exam and such,anyone who has taken the exam? Also,is there an age limit for the Certification?

0 0

What is this A+ cert business people keep talking about?

0 0

Does it really maike a difference, is it for job applications?

0 0

I have no intention of getting into computer work, but I'd have liked to be certified. The prices are obscene though! £100 to 200! I guess it'd make sense if it would help me get a job in later life.

Also this would make a excellent series of articles for HBH, I say this primarily cause I want to read them :D

0 0

Did you get certified then? I looked at some practise questions and it seemed easy enough well, all apart from the windows specific things like you mentioned which are less about computer knowldge as random experience of various things.

Whats the pass mark like? Is it graded or straight up certified? Sorry to barrage you with questions :)

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Did you get certified then? I looked at some practise questions and it seemed easy enough well, all apart from the windows specific things like you mentioned which are less about computer knowldge as random experience of various things.

Whats the pass mark like? Is it graded or straight up certified? Sorry to barrage you with questions :)

I'm not certified, but I've taken the course in high school (useless), running start where they striaght up taught the test (useless), and took 1 of 3 classes at a local community college. The more intensive class was very easy, but also strictly practical.

I think the test is something like 32 multiple choice and "click on the picture" questions times 2, and it's graded instantly. You can walk out of the testing place certified. I think the pass mark is 70% or 80%. It's should be easy if you've studdied for it. The questions are random, but there is a set percentage for the topics. For Core OS it's something like: basic networking 15%, OS gui 40%, CLI/DOS 20%, etc.

0 0

I personally think the tests need to be updated. They still ask about old technologies a lot. 3.5" SSDD floppies? Really, CompTIA? :/