Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

windows xp problems

0 0

i just installed xp and i cant find the drivers and i cant get online to activite one of the programs to find the drivers cuz the computer cant find the wifi. my bluetooth is activited but the whole program is not installed too.do any one you got any idea's wat i can do to fix the wifi cuz thats all i need??

thankz–

The Manager
0 0

First off, more information please.

Tell us the model of the WiFi Controller, the Mother Board, the Sound Card, The NIC, ETC…The more information you add to your questions, the less time we all will spend saying "It could be this or this or this or this…" because you have to give us the information since you are the one with the hardware. So once you get that information to us, we will be able to help you better.

0 0

best bet is to plug your computer in to the router and download the drivers then set up your wireless.

0 0

I've got a similar problem for 2 desktops. The XP cd didn't have my network card driver. I'll post specs tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

The Manager
0 0

Yes MoshBat, that works, though there are much simpler ways to get the information on a custom build. Just look up the mother board specs online. I can tell you www.driversguide.com is a great site to find what you need. @OP Post the specs and I can give you a hand for sure though.

0 0

i just remembered that i didnt backup all my drivers.i was pretty zooted when i was fixing it up.i have a router but it says i need a cd for it which is pointless to do.fuck it im just going to erase everything off the c drive and reinstall it with the backed up drivers

The Manager
0 0

MoshBat wrote: Might not know the MoBo serial, also for the other devices.

True, but taking off the cover of a machine is the easiest step in finding that out. All that need be done is remove the side panel and look at the motherboard. it will have all the information you need, the computer can even be running if you know anything about what you are doing :ninja:

Admin from hell
0 0

Never open your box while it's running. I've seen more disaster strike from this than good. @OP get your mobo and hardware info and post it I'm sure I have the drivers you need (I have hundreds of driver cd's) I can upload them for you if you can't find them.As far as your router goes who needs an install cd? I've never used one.

Admin from hell
0 0

192.168.1.1 is default on most.

The Manager
0 0

Yes, if you do not know what you are doing, ensure the computer is not running. I have been building computers for longer than most people here are old. There are a lot of things to watch out for, but if you have a standard case without any side fans and the likes, opening the case will do no damage. Yes, If you put a bloody piece of metal onto the live motherboard, you will cause damage, but I did not think anyone was that stupid…But, if you do not know what you are doing, leave the power off, hell even ensure you have the power plug out of the Power Supply and you have cycled the power out of it by holding the power button when the computer is 100% disconnected.

As Korg(and I) said get the computer part list together with their types and we will get you more information.

The Manager
0 0

korg wrote: 192.168.1.1 is default on most.

The three most common defaults for a router are 192.168.0.1 (DLink), 192.168.1.1 (Linksys), 10.1.1.1(Cisco).

So the way to tell is try each of these, or even tell us what the brand of router is.

Admin from hell
0 0

AldarHawk Posted:
Yes, If you put a bloody piece of metal onto the live motherboard, you will cause damage, but I did not think anyone was that stupid

If you could only see what my eyes have seen over the years.

0 0

the router wasnt working cuz i needed a cd that came with it which there wasnt any.anyways i drop it out the window, so there is no point now.ima buy myself a area-51 from alien.

The Manager
0 0

blk_volk56 wrote: the router wasnt working cuz i needed a cd that came with it which there wasnt any.anyways i drop it out the window, so there is no point now.ima buy myself a area-51 from alien.

wow…since you have money to throw out the window want to send me a few hundred bucks? I could use it. And stay away from Alien…They are flashy, but expensive…that being said, want to send me some cash?

Router needing a cd is a crock…that is just software to "control" the router. all you need is the routers IP and use the web interface…:xx:

Admin from hell
0 0

AldarHawk Replied:
Router needing a cd is a crock…that is just software to "control" the router. all you need is the routers IP and use the web interface

Amen brother, Out the window ehhh. Holy shit. Next time ask before being ignorant.

The Manager
0 0

http://www.facepalm.org/ I could keep going but I have nothing else to say…other than PM me for my PayPal information :evil: