Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

apache buffer overflow

0 0

Hey I was doing some research and scanning on my network and apparently there is a buffer overflow in mod_frontpage. Now I do not know anything about overflows but I will be reading up in the mean time. I was just wondering if I would be able to exploit this myself sides it is on my network, mine as well try it. However I cannot find an exploit for Apaches mod_frontpage. There is a ton of information on it being vulnerable. But cannot find an exploit. Well if you know any places to look pleace let me know. Wow, this was a terrible post, I should just not stop looking. Wasting time. Well also I have a FreeBSD server I just installed. Any ideas what to do with it? I know they are mainly used for servers, but, I don't know, anyone know of something interesting.

0 0

I googled it, and I couldn't find any public exploits for the vulnerability, but I found this link: http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/4251

The vunerability was posted on the Bugtraq list in March of 2002, I doubt your version is vulnerable (Vulnerable versions are 1.3.1-1.5.1).

0 0

+1 on the above, if it isn't your version than it likely won't work, there up to 2.2.10 right now ;). If your's IS this (then u installed a while back :p ), then use the description of the vulnerability to code your own PoC code.