Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Decryption programs

0 0

So, I am running windows 7 at the moment (please resist from heckling) does anyone know any decent compatible decryption programs? as I can't seem to get cain and abel working or john the ripper.

0 0

What is it that you want to decrypt?

0 0

Under Vista you can use pwdump…

0 0

i also believe that under 7 you can also use that since most features are not changing a whole lot from vista also since the code if the same for vista if there is a cain and abel for vista it might also work for 7 also, dont quote me on that but its worth a try

0 0

I run XP, but I can't believe that C&A, and JTR doesn't work on vista/windows 7

0 0

oh, i think they works also on vista and win 7…

0 0

Cyph3rHell wrote: oh, i think they works also on vista and win 7…

Hopefully. Anyway I won't switch OS until win 7 is final, it looks promising.

Banned
0 0

If you aren't bound to a family pc, install llllllllllllllllinux people.

0 0

spyware wrote: If you aren't bound to a family pc, install llllllllllllllllinux people.

This is a good advice.

0 0

spyware wrote: If you aren't bound to a family pc, install llllllllllllllllinux people.

Some of us run multiboot XP/Linux, that way you get the best of both systems :)

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]inferior wrote: Some of us run multiboot XP/Linux, that way you get the best of both systems :)

Excel runs under wine dude.[/quote] I run openoffice, but thanks for the advice anyway.

0 0

Hey spy, some time ago i tried to install Worms World Party on Wine, but i was not able to make it work.. this is the only program that i can't run with wine lol

Banned
0 0

inferior wrote: I run openoffice, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Excel beats the shitty hell out of Calc. I know this because I too use OpenOffice.org.

0 0

mmm indeed, I can't argue with that, I was previously running XP, Vista and ubuntu on different partitions, but when I went to add windows 7 onto that list, it unallocated my entire hard drive, just been putting off installing them back till the beta runs out.

and I have attempted installing both jtr and C&A, and continuously run into issues, there are several programs that have issues working on windows 7 as it is not exactly the same. unfortunately these seem to be included on the "will not work" list, if anyone happens to find a way to get around this please let me know :)

0 0

The result from installing C&A is as follows

-WARNING!!! This program uses the packet driver that comes with WinPcap V4.1 beta5 from politecnico di Torino

-Do you want to install the packet driver now ?

-hit install

-This version of windows is not supported by WinPcap 4.1 beta5 The installation will be aborted.

-only option is OK

Banned
0 0

Bernardca wrote: The result from installing C&A is as follows

-WARNING!!! This program uses the packet driver that comes with WinPcap V4.1 beta5 from politecnico di Torino

-Do you want to install the packet driver now ?

-hit install

-This version of windows is not supported by WinPcap 4.1 beta5 The installation will be aborted.

-only option is OK

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0153.html

Who fails? You. That's right, you fail :).

0 0

Bernardca wrote: So, I am running windows 7 at the moment (please resist from heckling) does anyone know any decent compatible decryption programs? as I can't seem to get cain and abel working or john the ripper.

I use vista and had to figure out ways to make programs compatible… try right clicking C&A, going to properties and setting your system to win xp sp2 mode… Oh, and always open cain and abel with admin rights… also, right click, open with admin rights ;)

If it doesn't work, then i don't know…

btw, have you ever used john the ripper before? because it should work alright man… open cmd, applying cd c:\directory of john\run

followed by the string: john-386 –wordlist=file passwordfile

I mean… win 7 is very similar to vista… idk, really :) try those things, and if they don't help you out, then, i really don't know x_X

10 0

A tip … If using windows use windows XP! But I suggest to use LINUX!

Mad Hatter
0 0

Left click - properties - compatability - run in compat mode win xp - priv run as administrator

0 1

RootsBabilonia wrote: A tip … If using windows use windows XP! But I suggest to use LINUX!

Here's a better tip, folks! Stop necroing out of the god-damned forums in order to post anything useless. And next time, figure out how to do it before posting anything. There's the internet, if you can find HBH and post here, what on earth is restricting you from figuring out how to run C&A in Windows 7?

oh, and let me blow your minds off right now: