Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

The Best Free .exe Editors?

0 0

I was wondering if any of you knew Free .exe editors, i need to extract code from a program and edit it to use in one of my own and not sure what program to use. Do any of you have any advice? I have found the regular editors, like PE Explorer and Resource Tuner but they all cost money to use. Do you think that i will not find a good free one, or do you think it'll be easier to just spend the money and buy the Resource Tuner?

0 0

xvi32 PE Tools LordPE PEid

0 0

No no no, i mean i need to use the .exe editor to view the code by extracting it so i can use it, not copy it, in my own work, i understand that is really skiddy to do so, and i refrain from doing so, i need to look at the code to see how that sort of program is created. Sorry if it was not clear.

0 0

ollydbg ida (4.9) .net reflector

***EDIT: It's not necessarily skiddyish. People do it a lot with complex code that would take them too much time or money to implement themselves

***EDIT2: btw this all depends on what language it was written in. use peid to figure that out. high level representations can be recovered from programs written in .net like c# because its compiled into MSIL, not IA32. if its a big enough program, theyll have fixed that and youll have to use ollydbg or ida. java, same thing, search for a java decompiler and youll get high level code. everything else, ollydbg or ida. ive never used ida, but apparently its the leading disassembler and will give you flowcharts and attempt to make your job as easy as possible. for simpler tasks, id stick to ollydbg.

0 0

You can use W32Dasm too , it's similar to ollybdg.

0 0

Oh lord… @OP, go for Resource Hacker. (That if I understood you well…)

0 0

Didn't there use to be a page on HBH that linked to tools like Ollydbg, Reshack, etc?

0 0

Thanks guys, looking at all those different programs now.

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: Didn't there use to be a page on HBH that linked to tools like Ollydbg, Reshack, etc?

I was wondering now where did it goes. :ninja:

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: Didn't there use to be a page on HBH that linked to tools like Ollydbg, Reshack, etc?

I think it was downloads.

Anyway, the .exe editor depends on what program. Depending on the code, and the way you'd like to view it.

0 0

There is also a program called debuggy. I have never really used it though as I prefer ollydbg.

Retired
10 0

Ya it was downloads. No clue where it went.

0 0

yours31f wrote: Ya it was downloads. No clue where it went.

The link section as well. The crap had piled up and no one wanted to sort it, I'm guessing anyways. I'm sure there are backups somewhere. If the link page comes back, it would be neat to have: a page for all hbh member sites, the option to affiliate to links to forums, etc. I'm going to stop with the suggestions there though, because I'm probably not going to code it.