Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Domain Name

0 0

Straight into things. Say I want to buy example.com, I could just go to godaddy.com and buy it for around 15$ a year, but then, they are making it, and charging me to do it through them… So why don't I just make my own domain name and possibly it could e free? Or does this process require hardware costing plenty of cash. Could somebody please elaborate?

0 0

Ahh, very much appreciated. I only read the upper part of that article until now. What I was looking for was at the near bottom. Thank you.

0 0

Hi there, this is my first post!

I've always been annoyed at ICANN's monopoly over the Internet. Especially when they are the ones who have the power to approve new TLDs etc.

Then again, if the Internet was a free-for-all it would quite possibly be chaos. Unfortunately for you, chronicburst, there's going to be some sort of cost involved for registering a domain. All I can advise is to search around for the cheapest you can find. (or use and Alternative DNS root ;))

0 0

Understood. I only plan I buying a .info which is about 3 dollars a year, however I would like private WHOIS and private registry which will cost about 25 a month I think it said. Or like 70 a year. Very dumb, monopoly indeed. That just makes me want to lie about all my registry information and have a vauge whois. Any tips?

0 0

I co-own a web hosting company. We re-sell domain names but do not offer a privacy feature. I would advise that you only get a privacy feature if absolutely necessary. If you want to avoid pay for this feature, I would recommend puting the details of a business on the whois?

0 0

May I ask why make it look like I am running a business? And I should most definitely tell the truth, right?

The Manager
0 0

okay lets make this clear, if you put false information in your whois then you can lose your domain name. I re-sell domains and I can hook you up with an account where the privacy is a lot cheaper than $15 a month.

Contact me if you are interested at all :)

0 0

AldarHawk is right, if you do use false information, you may lose the domain name. I was suggesting that if you had or knew someone that had a business, you could put the business's details instead of your personal details.

I'm sure you can get privacy much cheaper anyway - $15 a month is very expensive.

0 0

Yeah I was looking into the services of GoDaddy, which has accumulated so much profit over the years they are just greedy now. Human nature. Well allow me to PM Aldarhawk, and understood, no lying!