Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Proxys and money

0 0

I notice that on Samair.ru, which offers updated proxy lists every hour, use to be 15 minutes. Now there are proxies in which require you to purchase, so people generally would assume safer. I can understand this being a pretty big.. Industry. Or a good money scheme. Say I were to setup a proxy and allow people to use it and I would have the logs cleared all the time and traces removed and someone routed through it… hacked the Gibson… Does that come down on me or I know nothing of it, just had a proxy and that's all I know..? I am interested in this topic. Thank you.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

If you pay for it , I'd imagine by law they would need to create and keep detailed records , both of the payment details and online activity , that would make any illegal acts even easier to trace back .

When that skiddie used some online proxy to hack Sarah Palin , even before the webmaster was asked for the data , he was on tv begging the authorities to request it , so he can be seen to be clamping down on illegal usage .

I'm pretty sure he said he normally kept his logs for a week before deletion .

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

chronicburst wrote: I notice that on Samair.ru, which offers updated proxy lists every hour, use to be 15 minutes. Now there are proxies in which require you to purchase, so people generally would assume safer. I can understand this being a pretty big.. Industry. Or a good money scheme. Say I were to setup a proxy and allow people to use it and I would have the logs cleared all the time and traces removed and someone routed through it… hacked the Gibson… Does that come down on me or I know nothing of it, just had a proxy and that's all I know..? I am interested in this topic. Thank you.

As rex said, legally you definitely would be obligated to keep record of payments and such, this means that to each ip address would be assigned name anyway. And it's damn sure that even if you somehow managed to avoid any logs being kept, you would be obligated to provide the records of payment, any internet activity recorded, and getting warrant for monitoring of traffic wouldn't be problem for the authorities either. The whole point of proxy is staying anonymous(or at least making the cat mouse chase little harder), which contradicts with the whole idea of 'paid proxy', since you actually assing your name to the ip, even if only based on the payments :) Don't know how much liability would fall on you, when just providing the route, but it would all come down to why the hell didn't you keep logs, if you hadn't known it would be used in illegal mannor… If you were able to reasonably answer such question, then you could get away (only theoretically, don't have much background to the actual laws and statues)

Btw if something doesn't make sense or is wrong, then sorry but it's quite late, and I'm too tired for proof reading

0 0

That makes complete sense to me. Thank you!