Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Safe scenario?

0 0

Scenario: We have 3 people, Mark, Tony and Sam.. Mark has full remote control over Tony and he wants to root Sams box. Mark remotely uses Tonys computer to 'hack' Sams computer and then Mark runs a batch file to delete Tonys hard drive. Therefore Tonys computer is no longer working so cannot trace the hacker, Mark. Does this sound correct for a small time rooting, or overall still not enough?

0 1

what kind of a rooting scenario is it when the only thing mark does is format sams's drive? other than the log files, what did tony have in his drive? naked pics of mark's girlfriend, is it?

If he wants to remove traces that he had indeed had hacked sam, the best way is to go to the log files and remove the traces there, not remove the hard disk. It just seems like a stupid kind of theory to me.

You Like this!
90 0

It could be good, but too short for a rooting challenge. You would prob need stuff to add in.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

chronicburst wrote: Scenario: We have 3 people, Mark, Tony and Sam.. Mark has full remote control over Tony and he wants to root Sams box. Mark remotely uses Tonys computer to 'hack' Sams computer and then Mark runs a batch file to delete Tonys hard drive. Therefore Tonys computer is no longer working so cannot trace the hacker, Mark. Does this sound correct for a small time rooting, or overall still not enough?

definitely needs more specific, like what exploits etc. I think this wouldn't be that easy to simulate, I'd rather see some more realistic stuff, but as seen before that doesn't attract that many people

You Like this!
90 0

clone4 wrote: [quote]chronicburst wrote: Scenario: We have 3 people, Mark, Tony and Sam.. Mark has full remote control over Tony and he wants to root Sams box. Mark remotely uses Tonys computer to 'hack' Sams computer and then Mark runs a batch file to delete Tonys hard drive. Therefore Tonys computer is no longer working so cannot trace the hacker, Mark. Does this sound correct for a small time rooting, or overall still not enough?

definitely needs more specific, like what exploits etc. I think this wouldn't be that easy to simulate, I'd rather see some more realistic stuff, but as seen before that doesn't attract that many people [/quote]

Yes i agree. in what way will you use mark, to hack into tony's computer? Basically, you will have to do a lot of things before this can be complete.

Admin from hell
0 0

You guy's are taking this way out of context, I don't think he's creating a rooting challenge he's asking a simple question of: If you want to hack someone, use another computer as a zombie computer then delete the files on it to hide your tracks. That would be yes it is done all the time.

Banned
0 0

Why yes, of course. Using encrypted tunnels you can cover your tracks. For some jobs people even tunneled through like a dozen computers, constantly switching algo methods as to confuse any security forensics/sysops/other people.

You Like this!
90 0

So this not supposed to be a simulator, but reality?

Banned
0 0

shadowls wrote: So this not supposed to be a simulator, but reality?

It's called "thinking". A neurosimulation of reality.

Admin from hell
0 0

"neurosimulation" Someones been on merriam webster. NICE.

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: "neurosimulation" Someones been on merriam webster. NICE.

Lol. Nah, I just use prefixes like they are meant to be used. I don't have a clue if neurosimulation is a "real" word or not.

Plus, Merriam Webster doesn't even have an entry for "Neurosimulation". http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/neurosimulation.

Admin from hell
0 0

No not really but it sounded cool.

You Like this!
90 0

Lol. you had me on google looking for that word to see what it means. Nut not i know its not real. And yes, it does sound cool.

Banned
0 0

shadowls wrote: Lol. you had me on google looking for that word to see what it means. Nut not i know its not real. And yes, it does sound cool.

Seeing how that word is composed out of two widely known words, I can't even begin to understand how you need to perform a search on google to derive the obvious meaning of the word.

Admin from hell
0 0

Fuck it I'm gonna start using it.

You Like this!
90 0

spyware wrote: [quote]shadowls wrote: Lol. you had me on google looking for that word to see what it means. Nut not i know its not real. And yes, it does sound cool.

Seeing how that word is composed out of two widely known words, I can't even begin to understand how you need to perform a search on google to derive the obvious meaning of the word.[/quote]

You gotta do what you gotta do. I don't know everything. there is nothing wrong in just doing a search.

Admin from hell
0 0

neurosimulation:The ability for the brain to adapt to hypothetical situations. New word.

You Like this!
90 0

That's your made up definition?

Admin from hell
0 0

You bet yah. Sounds good too.

You Like this!
90 0

Yeah i agree. So how do you get that to go in a dictionary now?

Admin from hell
0 0

It's spy's word. Submit it to wiki or merriam webster.

You Like this!
90 0

Ahh i see.

0 0

korg wrote: Fuck it I'm gonna start using it.

Haha me too. Sounds insanely awesome. Nice word.

But, yes I was not speaking of a challenge. Feel free to make it though. I was just getting a vague idea. I would like to learn much, much more on tunneling and algorithms though tunneling. How exactly would that work? All the information being transferred would be encrypted with the algorithm chosen by the rooter via the tunnel? If anyone would maybe like to talk 1 on 1 to give me a greater understanding on tunneling or have a bangin' article on it would be much appreciated.

You Like this!
90 0

chronicburst wrote: [quote]korg wrote: Fuck it I'm gonna start using it.

Haha me too. Sounds insanely awesome. Nice word.

But, yes I was not speaking of a challenge. Feel free to make it though. I was just getting a vague idea. I would like to learn much, much more on tunneling and algorithms though tunneling. How exactly would that work? All the information being transferred would be encrypted with the algorithm chosen by the rooter via the tunnel? If anyone would maybe like to talk 1 on 1 to give me a greater understanding on tunneling or have a bangin' article on it would be much appreciated.[/quote]

Ahh, at first i thought it was a challenge. But i guess i was wrong.