Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

How to Fix 0x000000e error.

0 0

Hello a few days ago I installed system machanics. It was doing great increasing my computers speed. It fixed registry errors and everything. Well now I woke up and my computer was off. I shut it down before I went to bed. I tried turning on my computer and it said That it couldnt turn on. That the /windows/system32/winlogon.exe was either corrupted or misplaced. How do I go about fixing this error?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Banned
0 0
  1. Insert windows CD
  2. Repair.

0 0

I dont have the windows disc.

Banned
0 0

Slick.

Usenet/torrents. Not sure if it does a check for a valid install when repairing a previous installation. Have fun playing Russian roulette.

Alternative? Complete reinstall. Put your HDD in an external case, remove Windows. Then, insert your "bought" Windows CD and install.

0 0

Google brings up a lot of people having the same problem and it having to do with faulty hardware (specifically Nvidia cards). So, maybe try unplugging your AGP/PCI/PCI-e video card (if you have one) and rebooting.

Also, try fixing your MBR.

Granted, neither of these are likely to work with the specific file you mentioned from the error, but at this point, you have nothing to lose from trying that before a reinstall.

Admin from hell
0 0

This a prime example on why you DON'T use registry editors. The only person that should fix or clean your registry is you. Any way back on topic. I'm sure the program mistook the winlogon for a trojan and remove it's registry path. If I recall it's: HKEY\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell. Have you tried booting in safe mode? If you can do a system restore or download a copy of the winlogon.exe and place it in: C:\windows\system32. If you can't boot in safemode. Still get a copy of it and we can install it from cd.