Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

xss input

0 0

I have come across a vulnerability on a site however I have noticed that the vulnerability only responds to the following input: markup"><script>alert('TEST')</script> So in other words this doesn't work: markup<script>alert('TEST')</script>

My question is why would using the "> make it function properly? Is that how the server interprets a set of direct server input or something of that nature?

Banned
0 0

You have to close another tag first.

Example: <input text="<XSS HERE>">blah</input>

0 0

So the > closes the tag. And the tag it is closing is the tag for the search. So I close the search and then I am free to XSS. I am not going to though. Not on this site. I may just warn them to fix the issue. Other whys I am gong to stay out of it. I was only wondering about the closing tag. Thanks.

Banned
0 0

chronicburst wrote: So the > closes the tag. And the tag it is closing is the tag for the search. So I close the search and then I am free to XSS. I am not going to though. Not on this site. I may just warn them to fix the issue. Other whys I am gong to stay out of it. I was only wondering about the closing tag. Thanks.

">

0 0

spyware wrote: You have to close another tag first.

Example: <input text="<XSS HERE>">blah</input>

As spyware pointed out, it closes the other quotes and tags This is what you'll get when you use the "> instead of just the <script>…</script>

<input text="">[XSS]</input> So it executes whats out side of the <input text=""> instead of whats inside the quotes.

Sorry if i couldn't be more informative but I don't know how to explain it any better than that.

Hope this helped.

Banned
0 0

…bit of a nasty echo in here, isn't there? Weird. Thought HBH was too shallow to be able to echo.

0 0

spyware wrote: …bit of a nasty echo in here, isn't there? Weird. Thought HBH was too shallow to be able to echo.

I was just trying to help.

Banned
0 0

**DarkMantis wrote:**I was just trying to help.

Help… elp.. elp..

0 0

¬_¬

0 0

Haha alright understood. Thanks spyware. And you too mantis (for trying).