Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Newb and his questions.

0 0

Hi all thanks for taking the time to read this. Im interested in learning hacking starting from the ground and working up. I just thought i would ask any and all about how it is that one starts, i have read many topics on these forums already with many asking the same as i so i appologise if this sounds repetitive and tedious. I am aware that i will need to learn html, php, java, msql, css, and xhtml etc. I am learning networking in my spare time such as network infastructures and network in general useage (is this relevant to hacking in any field?)

i would gratefully appreciate it if anyone could point me to useful books for programming web languages, i have a large collection of Ebooks as to get me started, and if possible information on what aspects of networking if neccesary to look at.

Thanks in advance.

0 0

Ok, networking knowledge is definitely useful, as is html/css and javascript. From there people usually learn PHP+MySQL or Python/Perl, but you will end up learning both in time if you stick at it. Just read all hours you can, do the challs here, try and keep a clean record on here, or you wont get helped (like yours3lf).

Retired
10 0

Believe me, it's alot easier when you can get help, but you can succeed even without it. Oh, and as for your topic, I would say to start i would read the w3schools tutorials. I found them to be very helpful.

0 0

MrGonzo wrote: I just thought i would ask any and all about how it is that one starts, i have read many topics on these forums already with many asking the same as i so i appologise if this sounds repetitive and tedious. I am aware that i will need to learn html, php, java, msql, css, and xhtml etc. I am learning networking in my spare time such as network infastructures and network in general useage (is this relevant to hacking in any field?)

Out of the languages you just listed, the only one that you'll have to know for starters is HTML. After that, you'll want to learn a server-side language like PHP or Perl/CGI. While you're learning about either of those, you'll find yourself wanting to make applications with a database back-end… which will make you learn MySQL. CSS and XHTML are relatively unimportant in the beginning, but you'll want to learn XHTML shortly after HTML simply because it's so easy to pick up and in wide use today.

Not all hacking is web application hacking so, yes, learning about networking and network infrastructures is very useful. Initially, you'll find yourself maybe learning the basics of networking while you're learning web hacking… your interests after you've reached a reasonable proficiency in the latter will determine if you pursue network security more.

i would gratefully appreciate it if anyone could point me to useful books for programming web languages, i have a large collection of Ebooks as to get me started, and if possible information on what aspects of networking if neccesary to look at.

It's already been mentioned… use w3schools or Tizag or some other beginner HTML/JS/PHP site and reference. For the aspects of networking, you'll want a decent understanding of the uses of IP addresses, MAC addresses, DNS/DHCP, proxies and firewalls, SSH/Telnet, and Network Address Translation. That should get you started.

0 0

MrGonzo wrote: i would gratefully appreciate it if anyone could point me to useful books for programming web languages, i have a large collection of Ebooks as to get me started, and if possible information on what aspects of networking if neccesary to look at.

If you want a specif recomendation, a little more information would be nice. What you plan on doing, or at least a specific language…

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4032619/HTML__CSS__AJAX_and_Javascript_Books_2007

0 0

yours31f wrote: Believe me, it's alot easier when you can get help, but you can succeed even without it.

Your not referring to yourself are you? If so then that is not even something you want to mention to a new member…