Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Telnet mailserver unrecognizing all commands

0 0

Here is an image of what is going on. Maybe it isnt in use? But I know it is because there is a physical mail server on the site.

Banned
0 0

learn2imageshack

HELO.

0 0

chronicburst wrote: Maybe it isnt in use? But I know it is because there is a physical mail server on the site.

There was no point in providing an image because you could explain it just as… wait, nevermind, it's you again. SMTP will accept "helo" or "ehlo".

0 0

Ah well still no. Nothing.

0 0

Yea I understand. But I was painting my brothers room with him so sorry. I guess it could have waited until tomarrow. I also just figured that sides 'helo' wasn't working nothing was/is going to work. But im done painting so im going to read this. Thanks for the spoon feeding. My apologies.

P.S. None of the commands in the article works. Is there a reason that the telnet could be inacttive.

0 0

Did you try the commands in caps? Did you put a domain after the "ehlo/helo"?

0 0

No need, they act the same. However I actually appreciate the test!

Admin from hell
0 0

Post your FULL syntax that your trying. Not just the error.

0 0

I only want to have 'helo' work so I can connect and spoof and email. Everything entered is just returned as unrecognized.

0 0

korg wrote: Post your FULL syntax that your trying. Not just the error. chronicburst wrote: I only want to have 'helo' work so I can connect and spoof and email. Everything entered is just returned as unrecognized.

If you're going to keep being vague, don't expect any meaningful help.

0 0

Well I am only being vauge because I don't understand why everything is not being interpreted.

0 0

chronicburst wrote: Well I am only being vauge because I don't understand why everything is not being interpreted.

That's like saying you're not drinking water because you're dehydrated… Are you aware of what the word "vague" means?

0 0

The syntax.. Fine. I was to start with either 'helo'or 'ehlo' then 'mail from': w/e@w/e.org 'rcpt': w/e@w/e.org 'data': subject… Is that better. It is just me trying to spoof an email. For practice… At first. Just the fact the the system doesn't seem to know how to understand it all.

0 0

korg wrote: Post your FULL syntax that your trying. Not just the error. chronicburst wrote: The syntax.. Fine. I was to start with either 'helo'or 'ehlo' then 'mail from': w/e@w/e.org 'rcpt': w/e@w/e.org 'data': subject… Is that better. It is just me trying to spoof an email. For practice… At first. Just the fact the the system doesn't seem to know how to understand it all.

He means the syntax that you have tried thus far. Telling us that you "were to start with either 'helo' or 'ehlo'" doesn't tell us shit because we need to know what you HAVE tried. Since you can't seem to get past that part, tell us what you have ACTUALLY tried… every command you have tried. Uppercase, lowercase, trailing domain… everything. Everything after "then" in your post is useless info because we don't need it to troubleshoot your problem.

0 0

Google "I sit in Siberia":

Excerpt from http://www.ibiblio.org/ais/siberia.htm I sit in Siberia and have only Telnet and want to send an e-mail?

Set in your telnet options local echo to on. Type the address of your SMTP mail server. Set port to 25 and press Enter to connect. Type: helo To see available commands or possible syntax differences type: help Type: mail from:your@address Type: rcpt to:recipient@address Writing the message: Type: data Date and time ( GMT or offset e.g. 14:01:00 +0600 ) Type: Date: 8 Jan 2007 18:45:00 GMT Type: From: your@address Type: To: recipient@address Type: Subject: Let's have a cup of tea. Type: Just press Enter to insert a blank line. Now you can type the main text of your message. When finished type on a new line a . dot and press Enter. You should get a message that your mail has been accepted. To disconnect from the mail server type: quit

Perhaps what Korg and Zephyr meant was to type what you did at the terminal. For instance, this guy typed:

HELO
mail from: send@site.com
rcpt to: recieve@site.com
data
date: 8 Jan 2007 18:45:00 GMT
to: recieve@site.com
subject: <subject>
<enter>
<message>
<enter>.
<enter>
quit

0 0

hacker2k wrote: Meh, I'll end this. It's a really outdated, but SMTP hasn't changed much (if at all): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt

Oh, you'll end it? Boy, am I glad you came along… I mean, posting the RFC for SMTP is SO much better than me just posting a link for SMTP commands.

Someone give this guy a medal… he's being a real trooper for the cause.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: [quote]hacker2k wrote: Meh, I'll end this. It's a really outdated, but SMTP hasn't changed much (if at all): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt

Oh, you'll end it? Boy, am I glad you came along… I mean, posting the RFC specification for SMTP is SO much better than me just posting a link for SMTP commands.

Someone give this guy a medal… he's being a real trooper for the cause.[/quote]

Lol, well, he obviously isn't listening to you. :D So that I don't have to read his annoying posts that could be solved by googling :D. Oh, and maybe he'll read it so it will keep him shut up for an hour or so. Just trying to keep you from getting annoyed. How does that sound? :D

0 0

hacker2k wrote: Lol, well, he obviously isn't listening to you. :D So that I don't have to read his annoying posts that could be solved by googling :D. Oh, and maybe he'll read it so it will keep him shut up for an hour or so. Just trying to keep you from getting annoyed. How does that sound? :D

Sounds like a fairytale ending to me. Seriously, if he won't read a spoon-feed of SMTP commands and won't even list the commands he's already tried for fear of looking like a jackass (too late on that), what on earth would make him either listen to you or read the 20+ page RFC?

Anyways, he's already annoyed me plenty… now, I'm just having fun with it. :radio:

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: [quote]hacker2k wrote: Lol, well, he obviously isn't listening to you. :D So that I don't have to read his annoying posts that could be solved by googling :D. Oh, and maybe he'll read it so it will keep him shut up for an hour or so. Just trying to keep you from getting annoyed. How does that sound? :D

Sounds like a fairytale ending to me. Seriously, if he won't read a spoon-feed of SMTP commands and won't even list the commands he's already tried for fear of looking like a jackass (too late on that), what on earth would make him either listen to you or read the 20+ page RFC?

Anyways, he's already annoyed me plenty… now, I'm just having fun with it. :radio:[/quote]

Hm…didn't think about that. Well, enjoy the moron.

0 0

No no no no no. How can you not get this. Put it this way… I have tried all the smpt commands that have been listed in many online articles. Hense how I have tried them all in just aout every way, helo Helo HElo HELo HELO hElo HELo …. you get the point. and ehlo. just everything. Sorry to hacker2k but I will finish this. The SMPT service is just out of order and will not respond. So its over. Good try though hacker2k.

0 0

chronicburst wrote: No no no no no. How can you not get this. Put it this way… I have tried all the smpt commands that have been listed in many online articles. Hense how I have tried them all in just aout every way, helo Helo HElo HELo HELO hElo HELo …. you get the point. and ehlo. just everything. Sorry to hacker2k but I will finish this. The SMPT service is just out of order and will not respond. So its over. Good try though hacker2k.

Well, it might've helped us get it if you had said it just like this about 20 posts ago. Oh, well, you're done, so the thread's done. Yay.

Admin from hell
0 0

Oh, God this is funny the reason the SMPT server won't respond is because your IP doesn't have access to the server. OOPS should have said that earlier. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

0 0

Oh shit. Wow that could just be too obvious. Thanks korg, its spoofing time. Thanks.

Admin from hell
0 0

You may just get it now>>>>>>>>

0 0

Ha yeah. Nowww the thread is done, thanks again Korg.

0 0

korg wrote: Oh, God this is funny the reason the SMPT server won't respond is because your IP doesn't have access to the server. OOPS should have said that earlier. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Lol, why didn't I think of that? :(

0 0

WELL I WILL TELL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING POSTING IN THIS FORUM. SORRY FOR THE YELLING I JUST WOKE UP. BUT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY SPAM. IF YOUR SMART YOU WONT RESPOND TO THIS.

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

Your a hypocrite. You just responded to it. I know i just did. But I'm not telling others not to.

0 0

chronicburst wrote: WELL I WILL TELL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING POSTING IN THIS FORUM. SORRY FOR THE YELLING I JUST WOKE UP. BUT THAT IS OBVIOUSLY SPAM. IF YOUR SMART YOU WONT RESPOND TO THIS.

Yelling is fine by me. Have a mod delete it. And, yes, I'm responding to this because I'm not smart.

Edit: Oops, almost mistook you for someone that mattered for a second.

0 0

hacker2k wrote: [quote]korg wrote: Oh, God this is funny the reason the SMPT server won't respond is because your IP doesn't have access to the server. OOPS should have said that earlier. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Lol, why didn't I think of that? :([/quote]

Don't feel bad… the OP knew he was trying the right commands, but dicked around in the thread for 20 posts before letting everyone else know. So, really, he should've realized this towards the beginning of this colossal waste of time. If the correct commands don't work and you received the 220 from the mail server… it should've been obvious.

So… are we done with this one now?

0 0

oh wow i was being a dick. my bad thats when i just rolled out of bed. see i cant sleep at night (every night) because i always have shit on my mind. and then when i wake up im just like f***, this blows. sorry for being a dick there… i think it is about time someone maybe closes this thead?