Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Cant get into BIOS

0 0

I have a laptop that I have red hat linux and windows server 2003 on, and I would like to be able to edit the boot order so i can run live cd's or re-install an os etc. But when I start the computer it says press F2 to enter BIOS settings or press F12 to enter boot order, and it doesn't matter how many times I press f12 or f2 i cant get into the bios settings at all. So I thought maybe I could reset it by removing the jumper cables, but every time ive attempted to physically open it up it doesn't go as planned and I cant get it open. Is there anyway to reset the bios, maybe by flashing it?

0 0

Well, I just reset the BIOS on my desktop a few minutes ago 'cause I forgot the pass to get into it. I have never opened up a laptop though… I will look into it… If it is anything like a desktop, you reset the BIOS by removing the lithium battery looking thing. You can reset the CMOS by taking the jumper from the two little silver pins and moving it to the other one then back again to the original position…

:)

-Night_Stalker

Admin from hell
0 0

What brand and model would be helpful for this. Most laptop batteries are accessed through a rear cover and too make another point, Most DO NOT have jumper pins on the mobo. Disassemble is pretty easy on any model (I've done hundreds for repairs). 1.Remove all rear covers 2.Remove hard drive caddy, memory, wifi card (if there), and cd or floppy drives. 3.Remove all lower case screws (there will be a shitload, look carefully) 4.Flip it over and remove power button strip (Usually just snaps in) and keyboard) 5.Remove screen hinges, then remove screen. 6.Your at the mobo now, Easy from there.

Any problems post back.