Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

John.rec Locked?

0 0

Okay so I was cracking my own SAM with backtrack 2… I am confused because when it was all good I got an error reading "John.rec Locked." Anyone know how to solve this. I was entering in: markupjohn --wordlist=/tmp/password.lst -f=NT /tmp/hashes.txt Note: I made my own .lst password list with the right password and random trial ones. I don't understand whats wrong.

0 0

Do you have write permissions? John.rec is the file where the session state is saved…

0 0

Well it is on my system so yeah I have rights to do all. It shouldnt be write protected. When I get home I will copy the full error down. Im at school now. But I will update the error. But the core error is John.rec Locked… Hmmmm.

0 0

Just a thought - does the file exist at all? Otherwise you may have to create an empty one since it'll try to read from it before overwriting ^^

0 0

Yeah it exists. It is in the John main directory. I also remember I couldnt save my password list into the john directory. Maybe it is write protected so john.rec is locked. Well I will load it up in a few minutes and see if I can edit it so I can write.

0 0

maybe try over writing it with a new john.rec file that you created I dunno if that will help but it might