Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

you judge

0 0

i am thinking about writing an article on Social Engineering and i was wondering if anyone would bother to read it if i wrote it.

i'm just wondering if this would be worth the time

0 0

Well, i've had my times when i've succeeded and have failed. I've got an array of tricks to use but i'd like seeing yours. Go for it babe.

0 0

It's always good to hear other peoples' views on different things. People interpret things a lot different then other people. Plus, I think theirs only like one article out their that has anything with Social Engineering, and I think that you could make good article to read.

0 0

i might read it, dont see why i wouldn't. i say go for it.

0 0

do it! I always read new articles, and many of them are very good. I actually keep quite a few on my iPod :D

also… you probably got the pm, but what's with your site? scared the shit out of me for about 2 seconds O.O cost me 3 minutes of my precious life recovering …

0 0

I would love to read it. Go for it, I am sure you will get plenty of response to it.

0 0

Just make sure you write some useful stuff that not everyone can think of themselves. Just saying 'ask your target for his birthday and the name of his/her dog' isn't a good SE tutorial; I've seen too many of those…

I'll absolutely read it btw ;)

0 0

ok heres what i put up

What is Social engineering.

SE is the Human side of breaking into a network or machine.

AKA

"The ART OF MANIPULATION"

Social engineering is the acquisition of sensitive information or inappropriate access privilages by an outsider, based upon building of inappropriate trust relationships with outsiders.

The goal of a social engineer is to trick someone into providing valuable information or access to that information.

It preys on qualities of human nature, such as the desire to be helpful, the tendency to trust people and the fear of getting in trouble.

It can also be defined as the human side of breaking into a network. people with authentication processe, firewalls, virtual private networks and network monitoring software are still wide open to attacks.

if this is intended for a company it can be used in a way that an employee may unwittingly give away key information in an email or by answering questions over the phone with someone they don't know or even by talking about a project with co-workers at a local bar after hours.

social engineering is a powerful tool because it can not be defended against by software or hardware and since people are usually the weakest link in the security chain it is even more difficult to fix.

I want to go more in depth on this subject. I would also like to discuss the differant kinds of SE but i won't have enough room to put it in one article so i will most likely post three or for articles each one covering a differant aspects

i know its short. i just won't have enough room to cover everything at once so i am breaking it down into sectrions. this is just for people who don't know what SE really is. in later articles i will discuss things like

impersonation, third-person approach, tech support fraud, shoulder surfing, dumpster diving, spam, mail attachments, sweepstakes/pop-ups. i will even cover Reverse SE and using it to your advantage.

0 0

Social Engineering is NOT only about computers, make sure you explain that :p

0 0

try to include some pratical , real world examples

0 0

i know its short. i just won't have enough room

Um…if it's short, there is room =S

Just stick it all in one article/ebook, that way it won't be so short.

Anyway, good luck with this, I look forward to seeing how it turns out =)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

japanesedude wrote: Just stick it all in one article/ebook, that way it won't be so short.

yeah, but then she'd only get the community points for one article:D

0 0

i didn't know that you get community points for articles