Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Antivirus?

0 0

ok so i couldnt find any post about this so i figured id start one. Just wondering what kind of antivirus do you guys have and which would you recommend? I'm currently using McAfee but i know i could probably do better with a different one.. any suggestions?

0 0

<personalOpinion> I hate Mcafee. I also hate Nortons. I use Kaspersky myself. I also used AVG for a very long time. AVG is free and works great. </personalOpinion>

I stole the tags from you Spyware… muahahahaha!!! ;)

...Legend?
0 0

Well personally I wouldn't buy most software so I use AVG antivirus. Never had any problem's with it catches most things, and it updates daliy, even picks up changes in .dll's which is helpful in some instances.

0 0

awesome.. i had AVG in my old computer and it was good but i didnt use that one the same way i use this one.. also what about firewalls?? i think i heard somewhere that zonealarm is good..

0 0

Yah …. ZoneAlarm … roxxx …..\m/ once u get used to it, u wont be using any antivirus thereafter ….. the ZoneAlarm suite consists of AntiVirus + AntiSpyware + Firewall ……

...Legend?
0 0

Yeah ZoneAlrm is really good. If your willing to pay that little bit rather than using the free zone alarm suite you can get techinical support and a few other features.

0 0

for some reason the only zonealarm suite i can find is only a 15 day trial.. the only free one i can find its only a firewall

...Legend?
0 0

Ah good point I think ZoneAlarms free service may only be the firewall, My bad sorry to misinform you.

0 0

yea its only firewall.. but i guess i could get that and either AVG or avast instead of mcafee

...Legend?
0 0

So true, its a winning combination I found in the past. What ever you do, do not let any one tell you otherwise avoid ever using Window's Defender. Its a genrel screw up.

0 0

i think for some reason once i was actually using a computer that had that.. i dont remember much of it but i know i wont put it in mine for sure..

Admin from hell
0 0

I'll tell you guy's after all the A/V services I have tried and installed on several boxes the McAfee 10 in 1 suite is the best shit going. A/a,firewall,Script scanning, realtime virus scanning,E-mail protection etc… You need the full version not the trial. Recommended highly.

0 0

Never ever install norton.

it fails in every aspect and it requires a yearly subscription for updates which sucks when avg free is actually much better at getting rid of malware.

get avg free version, i use it and also zonealarm is good, i had the suite for a while.

0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: Yeah ZoneAlrm is really good. If your willing to pay that little bit rather than using the free zone alarm suite you can get techinical support and a few other features.

Heh, Olly can help you with this one.

0$

RE forever!

0 0

Well as u should already know since practically EVERYONE on here told you AVG is the best , i side by side tested it with MCAFEE and NORTON===40% success on Norton 60% success catch on MCafee and 95% success catch on AVG, and that was the freeware version, so yeah, definately go with avg. Plus even the freeware versions come with properties as someone mentioned earlier , updates itself daily. You can also get a AVG firewall i beleive as well, but im not sure if its freeware or not. Might need to subscribe or something, but AVG is definatley the choice to go with as far as Antivirus is concerned, has no competition.( Though i do have AVAST anti-viri on my USB drive and havn't had an issue, but my USB drive doesn't pick up viruses much,lol.)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

pc-cillin is supposed to be good. i havent used it though

0 0

ZA works great for me, got it registered for an additional 51700 days.. :ninja:

0 0

kaksii wrote: Heh, Olly can help you with this one.

0$

RE forever!

<3.

[ontopic] I've been using symantec on this particular computer, works fine for what I need, a bit sensitive at times, but it's never really bothered me too much.

The best antivirus defense? any OS other then windows. =P

0 0

Grisoft AVG Antivirus :love:

0 0

i personally never used an antivirus but i heard that clamTK is a great antivirus. you'd have to check if it's compatible with your OS though. if you run any APT based OS then just type ~# apt-get install clamtk (add sudo if you run ubuntu)

0 0

I've used AVG, AntiVir, Avast, BitDefender, Norton, and NOD32 before; at least, those are all of the ones I can remember. Out of those, I've found this:

1. Norton and BitDefender are both memory hogs.
  2. Both of those are about equal in their inaccuracy.
  3. AVG and AntiVir are comparable as free, solid AV programs.
  4. Both of those are just above average in their accuracy.
  5. Avast and NOD32 are both very accurate and highly configurable.
  6. Both of those have varied real-time scanners, which are very effective.

So, what is my verdict from what I've bothered to try? Avast is my answer from experience; I've used it for years and trust it. Within the past year or so, though, I've found that NOD32 is also a strong choice. Oh, and being intelligent about your downloads helps, too. :happy:

0 0

zephyr you forgot 7: choosing an operating system that was designed with security in mind.

>.<

0 0

Folk Theory wrote: zephyr you forgot 7: choosing an operating system that was designed with security in mind.

>.<

There isn't one. :)

0 0

Well, i've had norton kaspersky nod32, Zonealarm and avast. Norton DO NOT GET i had to go into safe mode to get it off it ate my resources so fast. Kaspersky seems really good but it asks about every little thing like when you sign onto AIM and MSN even though you tell it to always allow. I like nod32 it is discrete dosen't make many popups has a lot of good features. ZoneAlarm was probably my favorite besides one thing. You seem to get these errors on HBH idk if it's been fixed but i remember that you'd get like a refresh your cookies or something with zone alarm. Avast is pretty good didnt have for a really long time though. Hope that helps.

0 0

but at least yo can get one that has SElinux and iptables as part of its kernel!

0 0

Folk Theory wrote: but at least yo can get one that has SElinux and iptables as part of its kernel!

That wasn't designed for security, though… merely augmented to include moderate security considerations. As far as I'm concerned, any OS behind a properly configured hardware firewall is the best option. Let's not bring this too far OT, though.

0 0

The best one on the market is Kaspersky. It might change but right now it's the best you can have.

0 0

well im going with AVG and zonealarm for now seeing how that works out.. its awesome to see how many process are running now and compare them to before with mcafee.. but thanks for all your responses.. i'm kinda surprised i got so many..