Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Iffy websites?

0 0

I came across a card laying on the ground yesterday after gettin off work and it had an address written on it, godhatesgoths.com, so when i got home curiosity got ahold of me and i checked it out, now im all for free speach, but this seemed a little messed up on the point of trying to attack someones culture then as i get deeper into the website i notice theres more of these on links, god hates harry potter (ok i can understand this), god hates women (thought they got rid of that issue along time ago), And the worse one yet, God hates retards, this is the one that pissed me off how can you attack someone that has no control over it, childish in my opinion, but anyways enough ranting tell me what you guys think about it

0 0

The titles are stupid enough to remove need to even think about the sites. I'm not religous but, to anyone who does beleive, "God" is "all-loving" so "god hates.." is already proving a site that's just stupid. That was indeed a pointless bit of thought.

-Reaper

Retired
10 0

yeah i mean thats wrong i will not even go to check it out or maybe fix it :/

Retired
10 0

yeah i mean thats wrong i will not even go to check it out or maybe fix it :/

Banned
0 0

Maybe the site is trying to make a fool out of Christians. The sword is double-edged, now lets see who bleeds most.

0 1

im pretty sure its a joke website. i woudlnt get worked out about it.

0 0

ItsNotADeathwish wrote: I came across a card laying on the ground yesterday after gettin off work and it had an address written on it, godhatesgoths.com, so when i got home curiosity got ahold of me and i checked it out, now im all for free speach, but this seemed a little messed up on the point of trying to attack someones culture then as i get deeper into the website i notice theres more of these on links, god hates harry potter (ok i can understand this), god hates women (thought they got rid of that issue along time ago), And the worse one yet, God hates retards, this is the one that pissed me off how can you attack someone that has no control over it, childish in my opinion, but anyways enough ranting tell me what you guys think about it

You just got trolled. Relax, people are entitled to their own opinions.

Attacking another group for what they believe in makes you just as "bad" as they are, no matter how "wrong" they seem.

There is no higher moral standard.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote:

Attacking another group for what they believe in makes you just as "bad" as they are, no matter how "wrong" they seem.

But it's not attacking them for what they beleive. It's more attacking them for attacking people for what they beleive. ;)

Reaper

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: But it's not attacking them for what they beleive. It's more attacking them for attacking people for what they beleive. ;)

Reaper

They're not attacking people for what they believe, they're attacking them because they find it amusing.

It's a sense of humor some people understand and some don't.

0 0

No, not that we beleive in something different. I may have the exact same beleifs, but I wouldn't criticize someone because of what I beleive. Of course, you could argue that I am doing because it's my beleif/opinion that that's wrong. Then I could say you shouldn't criticize me for doing so because it's my beleif that they should be criticized… etc…

Anyway, you're right. I just wanted to get my point accross that no matter what you beleive, insults and hate are still not right.

Anyway, I think that's enough of that little topic isn't it.

Reaper

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: No, not that we beleive in something different. I may have the exact same beleifs, but I wouldn't criticize someone because of what I beleive. Of course, you could argue that I am doing because it's my beleif/opinion that that's wrong. Then I could say you shouldn't criticize me for doing so because it's my beleif that they should be criticized… etc…

Anyway, you're right. I just wanted to get my point accross that no matter what you beleive, insults and hate are still not right.

Anyway, I think that's enough of that little topic isn't it.

Reaper

insults and hate are all in the eye of the beholder.

but yeah, I don't really want to get into it either ;). it gets very, metaphysical.

Banned
0 0

Who is it that decided what one can hate? Is it your president? Is it your people? Is it your country? Is it you? Is it the pope, Hitler perhaps?

Who can rule over our minds and make us think like they want us to think? Who declares wars, starts racism, banishes morals and prepares for battle?

Who goes downtown with a group of friends and beats up a few "different" citizens? What is different? Who is different? Why are they different?

These questions cannot be answered with one true answer, a blanket of vagueness has been dropped on these lingerings of the mind, shrouded in unclear and blurry mist they are.

The answers on these questions are just as unclear as your own perceptions, since they are exactly the same. Bear this in mind when you judge next time.

0 0

You're right. You see, the thing that makes my argument different (and no, it wasn't aimed at anyone) is that: I'm saying that attacking/criticizing people's wrong not because I beleive it's wrong. I dare say I know it's wrong. I'd say that because it hurts many people. When it comes down to it, how do we know what's right and wrong, good or bad. I myself generally like to think that if it's beneficial to more than it's bad for it's good, if the opposite it's bad. I don't say things are good or bad because I have an opinion on them, though I may think this. I say something's good or bad depending on which cateogory it falls under from the way I've just said, whether that's in my own benefit or not. That's probably one of the few good things I can honestly say about myself without seeming big-headed or anything (which I'm not/don't intend to be). That I generally put other people opinions and feelings before mine, therefore I guess I've become trusting of my thoughts enough to say what's right/wrong, good/bad. This thread however shows, that no matter what you think, it's still your opinion.

I hope that was clear. Thinking about it now, I don't think it was. Oh well, if anything unclear I'm sure it will be pointed out and I can explain.

Reaper

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: When it comes down to it, how do we know what's right and wrong, good or bad.

How indeed, @_@.

This thread however shows, that no matter what you think, it's still your opinion.

Bingo. Everyone creates their own reality. Everyone creates their own morals. Everyone creates their own niche (if they so choose).

#OP Basically, to sum up Reaper's good words, if you want to take offense to the website(s), fine, but don't expect anyone else to agree with you. Feel satisfied in knowing that YOU know and decide what you believe in, because that's the best you can get. Insecurity of the mind is far easier to exploit then a computer.

0 0

I'm Christian, but I try to stay out of pretty much everything… If I have nothing to do with anything, nothing can affect me. That's my reasoning, anyway.

I do think the people that made those sites are detestable bastards, but I do, in a way, feel sorry for them, too. However, I try not to get involved in this kind of thing. Best to just stand back and deal with my own life. One's own life in itself is plenty for anyone.

And the thing about psychology, totally agree. Strong minds make strong people, if you let the walls of your psyche crumble, you are but dust in the wind.

0 0

This thread is why newbs don't generally start philosophical debates.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: …if you want to take offense to the website(s), fine, but don't expect anyone else to agree with you. Feel satisfied in knowing that YOU know and decide what you believe in, because that's the best you can get. Insecurity of the mind is far easier to exploit then a computer.

Said it better than I could have. Still if everyone was scared to put forward their beleifs, there would be no conversation barely, if at all. Just be open minded enough to accept, you could easily be wrong about everything. :)

0 0

@cheese well even if it Is a joke website…and by the looks i think it is because the layout and stuff SUCKS….but still its inappropriate to bash retards and goths by throwing a "God hates..etc.." just messed up in my opinion. Line Crossed

0 0

No im totaly with you guys its their free right to express who they hate no one can take that from them.

But on a diffrent note, i got bored and looked into the website a little more, and it seems like its a real working serious site too, just still a little angered at the fact they attack retards in it tho, something about that just quirks me a little bit…

But yes on a final note it is a freedom they have to express

0 0

Well said moshbat.

0 0

moshbat wrote:

Take drugs: Yes. But why do drugs exist if they are wrong? They come from plants god created, right?

ps. I'm atheist, and don't mean to bash anyone's religion. just justify what I'm saying.

atheist?

Banned
0 0

Google?

0 0

i know what it means. he cant really say god's plants if he is an atheiest

0 0

@mitz247 i was about to say that…hmm moshbat used God to Justify Drugs BUT he doesnt believe in God?…..hahhaha that made me laugh :D

0 0

cis_slayer wrote: @mitz247 i was about to say that…hmm moshbat used God to Justify Drugs BUT he doesnt believe in God?…..hahhaha that made me laugh :D

i wonder if that would hold in court judge: you are charge with possession of cannibis… you:marujuana comes from one of gods plants and therefore god intended it to be smoked judge: your a christianQ you: no athiest judge:…..

0 0

Hint to everyone who still doesn't get it: The site is clearly a joke, a spin off on "godhatesfags.com".

If you look at the word choice throughout the pages, it's clearly written by a teenager/pre-teen, rather than a religious authority. Their immaturity gets the best of them in several lines.

0 1

moshbat wrote: I used their religion to make a point. They belive god created everything, so why did he create the cannais plant, or the coke (coca?) plant or opium poppies, If they weren't intended for human use?

well, humans arent the only animals on the planet, and i think god was surposed to create the planet for all animals and not just humans?.. i may be wrong, this is my GCSE religious education speaking :P

so yeah, dope and poppy plants could of been made to keep the insects happy.

besides nearly all cannabis in circulation today has in some form been genetically modified or been through a selective breeding process to create more potent varities.

cannabis is basically hemp, that we've engineered to be more potent and used as a drug…. and hemp can be used for all sorts of amazing stuff, like rope…oils.. soap.. clothing… food.. etc.. so maybe thats why god created hemp… to use for all those things.

and god created coke, so we could all have a fucking good time on a weekend.

so there we go.. thats my answer to your question. :)

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Hint to everyone who still doesn't get it: The site is clearly a joke, a spin off on "godhatesfags.com".

If you look at the word choice throughout the pages, it's clearly written by a teenager/pre-teen, rather than a religious authority. Their immaturity gets the best of them in several lines.

Lol, god does hate fags though. I think. o.o

0 0

SilverHacker wrote: Lol, god does hate fags though. I think. o.o

:|