Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Tracking Challenge Two

0 0

Hi, I'm a little stuck on the second challange, so if someone could give me a little push in the right direction?

• Sarah

0 0

are u aware that there is no tracking challenge 2

0 0

now that it out how about some help.

0 0

The first step will take a little common sense. On a website, where do they log your informations? Find it.

Read through what you find with a fine toothed comb. Look for key words and try to understand what they mean.

Now this part will SEEM like a dead end. But just remember to do a thorough search.

Great! You've got the key information to track down this hacker. Now you just need to be able to 'extract' the requested information from this piece that you have.

And now you've beat Tracking Challenge 2. No spoilers have been disclosed.

PHP WARRIOR
2,490 1

its very simple to do.

do u remember the basic web missions,, they are very similar!

0 0

yeah i did it. but what threw me was not being told about that page because i though if your being paid to track them down you would have been told about all the webpages.

0 0

Im getting alittle pist at this mission, I found the IP, I searched it in google, pinged it, and I used one of those trackers, I got like 50 diffrent host names, but they are all in one Country. But I still none of them are correct, if someone could help me, my MSN is rastering@adelphia.net and my AIM is VBRaster…

0 0

okay well wat is the host name supposed to look like? Because i found the IP and it lead me to whois page and i found it to be M***** as the country.but the host name is confusing me

0 0

haha, turns out I was missing a very small detail in the host name :p

0 0

i know what is the hostname and country, but what is the format to input the solution?

0 0

0 0

Will you please edit your post, i hate those half thing spoilers. They will never learn tss

0 0

hi I'm having trouble finding the file :$ I know… It seems silly, but I tried everything… Usually its a syslogd file, right? There is no syslogd file… Any hints?

0 0

What would be an obvious directory to save your logs?

0 0

Nooo you're not being serious. I hope? :P Of everywhere I looked I forgot that =\…

Edit (Yes, this fast): lol damn that file :P

0 0

damnit i keep getting the ha you will never get my ip i deleted everything page! i dont know how to extract info from that page if you have to

0 0

Maybe he just deleted everything on the surface. Look within the page.

0 0

i have the country, and hostname but could some give me a kick in the right direction with how the hostname is inputted

…nevermind i figured it out i was forgetting one small thing :)

0 0

i can never get the hostname there r sooo many

0 0

HvT wrote: What would be an obvious directory to save your logs?

Ummmm…. Seriously, I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about with directories… How do I open a directory? Can someone PM me or write an article or something? I would really appreciate it.

0 0

"HAHA!! Its not here

If you want to find what you are looking for, why not use the action to search what you are looking for?"

This is where I'm lost. I made it this far without any help, but now I'm definately stumped. Any help?

0 0

Same Here :|. Any help? You could always pm me :)!

0 0

@everyone, PM me what you guys got and I'll try giving you a spoiler-free hint ;)

0 0

I used the command prompt to find the hostname and country, using ******* :P

0 0

What does it mean when it says to use the search thing?

0 0

i got everything right but it keeps saying.. Invalid Details

Please enter the correct Details is this challenge down??

0 0

Krippy wrote: "HAHA!! Its not here

If you want to find what you are looking for, why not use the action to search what you are looking for?"

This is where I'm lost. I made it this far without any help, but now I'm definately stumped. Any help?

It uses the get method, so think of what you could put in there to find what you're looking for. Once you have the address, finding your information will be pie. Find yourself a good look-up tool.

0 0

i faound the ip, but i cant find the hostname. i have tried whatismyip.com, but im getting and "ERROR: Invalid IP" message. can someone help me out?

0 0

same or unresolvable hostname. i think its because the 1st part only has 2 digits when you need three and the 1st cant be a 0

0 0

ive been asked by more than one person to check what were they doing wrong.. they aren't the challenge is down

and that bit about it changing ip weekly isn't working too because it's the same ip since two weeks ago

0 0

sakarin wrote: changing ip weekly isn't working too because it's the same ip since two weeks ago

its brocken :(

0 0

sakarin wrote: ive been asked by more than one person to check what were they doing wrong.. they aren't the challenge is down

and that bit about it changing ip weekly isn't working too because it's the same ip since two weeks ago

are both trackings down?

0 0

sakarin wrote: ive been asked by more than one person to check what were they doing wrong.. they aren't the challenge is down

are both trackings down?

0 0

why you can't receive the email? check your spam folder

0 0

No i cant complete it……….Why,Why…:D:D:D

0 0

Three posts, all fucking useless both for you and the rest of us.

So please just stop.

0 0

Its eays to complete them……:ninja:

0 0

ultras951 wrote: No i cant complete it……….Why,Why…:D:D:D can you specify where you're stuck at (in a spoiler-free way)? I'd be glad to help.