Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

new python articles

Python Ninja
0 0

lately there have been a lot of new people learning python.

Soooo i've decided to write a whole bunch of articles on it, i think i may write another advanced one before i do the simple (sorry, i like advanced stuff :P)

but i waswondering what you guys wanted?

so far i'm going to do:

GUI's (with tkinter.. not fucking easyGUI) a basic intro (but expanding on, not replacing walfmankurds, which is excellent) i'm going to go into more depth with my threading and sockets article. maybe even splitting it into 3 arts, threading, scoets and the chat app file manipulation and webservers/CGI/generall web stuff in python

so yeah.. ideas? there'll be stuff i've forgotten, so i wanna hear what you want

also, i'm not doing anything more until i can talk to an admin about sorting it so i can have tabs in my article. because my other python one looked shit woithout formatting.

thanks guys!

0 0

i'd love to learn python. i think its a cool language.

0 0

yea looking forward to the articles ^_^

Python Ninja
0 0

ol nice feedback!

but it's nice to know there are people wanting them…. for an intro article wolfmankurds is fantastic.

with ihs permission i plan to just put a link to it at the start of my intro articla and then build on it.

also i plan to have every article working towards a working program

ie, the threading and sockets built a chat app, my dictionary client will build a phone book program, my files tutorial will add to the phonebook prog to make it write to and read from files

do you guys like that or do you want new examples for every topic?

i really want to make a set of articles that are GOOD, like not just a good read, but the sort of thing you save and lkeep and use aas a reference.

so yeah, i'm really looking forward to this i think it should be fun for all concerned.

and anyone with admin pvis get onto me pot haste about the tabs!

0 0

I think you have included everything i would want to learn :) Looking foward to the articles :P:P

Cheers!.

Relentless.

0 0

Yeah Richo, I think it's sometimes a little bit harder for people to tell you exactly what they want to learn with a language without knowing what's possible, ya know?

…just don't want ya to feel disappointed if nobody tells you what they wanna learn in this thread ;)

Python Ninja
0 0

yeah i realise it was really qutie optimistic but i also erally need to get onto an admin

thanks anyway for the feedback, i was also hoping that advacned programmers in other languages could point out sutff, that is worth knowing (hell, i admit that i don't know everythinga bout python, and always want to learn more) catcha!

0 0

umm, well, you could teach em how to write stuff into text files. it's easy to learn and teach and it's the kind of knowledge that could be useful some day…

0 0

Definitely more on sockets and threading, that article really helped me learn (especially sockets). You could do one on OO programs that inherit from a superclass, such as a website spider. I made one of these, and eventually got it working, but an article would have made my life a whole lot easier :p.

Im sure there are some advanced python topics I dont even know exist yet, write something on one of those :p.

Much appreciated

0 0

What about an article on OOP in Pyton?

I guess things could include (if possible):

• Classes
  • Constructors
  • Class/Instance variables
  • Methods
  • Data encapsulaton
  • Inheritance
  • Polymorphism
  • Method overloading
  • Operator overloading

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

if you could go into some detail about sockets and network programming i'd greatly appreciate it.