Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

My Own Webhacking E-Book

0 0

Ok, I have decided that I am going to be writing a web hacking e-book, as the title says. It will be very in-depth, not a dinkly little article less than 1000 words, etc. It will cover Basic -> Medium -> perhaps some more advanced stuff. It will be full with pictures and diagrams, etc. Not sure whether or not there will be accompanying videos, but I might do that as well.

What I want to know from you guys, is specifically what all do you need / want to see.

So far I have thought of:

XSS SQL Injection CSRF RFI LFI

I know there are more types of exploits but, I again, I want to know what you guys want. If what you want is already specified above, please explain exactly what you want in that category(such as something not gone over much or you haven't seen before at all).

Already I have written the XSS chapter, however there might be something that I left out. It has many pictures, about 1500 words and is about 9 pages long. It covers the basics of XSS, shows you how to make an Ajax cookie logger as well, and how to counter XSS.

The exploits will not be done on vulnerable sites because I don't want skiddies to ruin sites, but I might detail exploits that are patched such as my PHP-Fusion exploit that I discovered a few months ago, and others.

Thanks for reading and I hope to release something that will be very beneficial.

0 0

you could throw some JS injections in there in the beginning, ya know, for the easy stuff :P

then you could put in some rooting directions or something :)

0 0

well rooting is not exactly web hacking except in some cases such as with lfi/rfi

0 0

Possibly the most off-topic post ever and sorry for that but this caught my attention.

If it's possible to "hack hex" on a program or image to make it so a computer has a consistent crash and refuses to run programs..maybe you could add something like that to your ebook thing :|

Not really..web hacking…but it kinda got me thinking. I was thinkin it'd be pretty interesting to see that. ;)

0 0

Ooo can i read the XSS chapter? Also, i second the JS injection, it will probably take up a page or two at most, but is easy to do, and will provide confidence for readers to continue..

0 0

session fixation would be good and then ie flaws and exploits.

0 0

I liked it too, really informative, and the pictures and examples help a lot :D

0 0

Ok, thanks for some quick replies. Realize that I wasn't even planning on releasing anything tonite, but Ponquile wanted to see what it is so far, so I tried to make a quick release of the just the XSS chapter. Realize that this is not even 1/5 of the way completely done. XSS is not the only type of web hacking.. lol. I will cover everything I said in my very first post just as in depth as this XSS chapter, if not more. They will all have their section that tells you how to secure against, etc. like the XSS chapter. I will try to perhaps do the LFI / RFI chapter next, so look for that this week sometime. Final completion of the book, probably will be done, by the end of April I hope.

0 0

Oh and if you want to submit anything, just PM me it or send me a link to a .txt / .doc of it. I am doing it all in Word,and then converting it to PDF.

0 0

good, I can't wait…

and in the meantime, I'll try my best to think of some other topics you can put in your ebook :D

Python Ninja
0 0

I realy want to read the CSRF chapter. drooling with anticipation!

0 0

SQL Injection

Does that include Blind SQL Injection?? :)

0 0

It includes everything. :) Trust me I want to make this complete, not leaving out much at all in the web hacking side of things.

0 0

good :D

Greyhat in Training
0 0

Could there be a section on "How to use" such things as jtr, Cain etc… for us noobies please?

Thanks in advance.

0 0

This is a great idea! I'm downloading the first part right now and I'm looking forward to the other parts! and about another subject..hmm..well, I'll think about it ;) Good luck!

EDIT: reading right now and it's great!, but doesn't XSS stand for Cross Site Scripting instead of Cross Server Scripting?? Or is it both??

0 0

I volunteer for some spell checking, if you want it:

ideal -> idea "The idea of this type of exploit…"

markup<b>(bold text) or <h1>(header 1), etc -> should end the tags, like you did down below, otherwise it just doesn't give the right look to what you're trying to say. markup<b>bold text</b> or <h1>header 1</h1>, etc.

Run-on paragraph after you injected markup<b>hey guys>/b>

Off to coding in php,… - > We will be coding this logger in PHP,… Because "Off to coding in php" seems misplaced or just missing something.

So a new user visits the guestbook… -> So a new user visits the guestbook, lets say his username is Jake. ^otherwise the sentances seem to be fillers

Yep you got it, pwd123 -> Yep, you got it, pwd123 Also, i'm not exactly sure on this one, but i don't think "yep" is a real word.

Now I will respond to the question i see a lot -> Now, I will respond to the question i see a lot. Because words meaning time that start the sentance need a comma after it.

Well, we get around this… -> Yes, but we can get around this… You didn't actually answer the quesion, you just went into your explanation.

Well the underlying reason of why we want to use it, is because… This is a hard sentance to understand. 1.) Well, the 2.) Do you need that comma after it 3.) Try not to use the same word to start sentances one after another. An example would be "well." You used it to begin two sentances that are right next to each other. Try not to do that.

…you would post for your Message: -> Why is the "m" capitalized?

…now stored as a .txt on our server -> Different use of extension, you referred to it as just txt before, don't change things like that on your readers.

This effect -> This technique

…your message was that there is a call to an external… -> …your message was and that there is a call to an external…

So now that you understand how the hacker is thinking in this exploit… -> 1.) So now that you undersand how the hacker can use this exploit… 2.) Seems misplaced, perhaps use this as the start to your next paragraph? Otherwise, it jumps from one idea to a comple other idea. ^could just be me being picky in this one…

…and htmlentities()(there… -> you never ended the ( in front of the word "there."

…after you search something; your -> improper use of ;

…of the s textbox, and you see value='asdf'. -> of the s textbox, and you should see value='asdf'.

Then we would escape the value attribute… -> I think that's a run-on sentance there.

Anyways the point of that example, is… -> Anyways, the point of that example is…

Revise first sentance in conclusion as there are several other errors.

Also, along with the whole, using in the url that was mentioned above. In conjunction with that, say why it has to be used on the site. Like you can't make a yahoo mail XSS and send it to a person logged into gmail and steal the gmail user's cookies. Tell them how setcookie() works and such.

:p

0 0

lol i didn't even realize that i wrote that, yeah pretty much the same thing, just official XSS = site i suppose

0 0

@nights_shadow, heh like I said I wasn't planning on releasing that last night, but I did anyways to satisfy Ponguile lol. Sure I would be happy to have you spell / grammar check it, as I am fluent in English, but how I word things sometimes, can be a bit confusing. Thanks for the time for at least reviewing that chapter. I will get in contact with you soon when I get more writing done. Thanks

0 0

I got it xD :D , I'd like to see something about poison NULL byte attack in your ebook because I never really understood that. Well, good luck with it!

S-H

0 0

are you gonna have a how to patch part? it would be nice to have a scripts section too lol

0 0

If you read the released chapter you would see that I have code examples,as well as how to counter the exploits.

0 0

Wow…very informative! Now is that the whole XSS section, or just 1/5 it (i think you mentioned that fraction before) because i would love to see more examples, such as much more complex scripts etc..

Thanks for uploadin it btw..cant wait to dl the whole thing

0 0

Well I would say that is only 1/5 of the XSS section, but probably 1/2 or 1/3. What I meant by 1/5 was the whole book. But not I would say what I have done so far, is only 1/10 of the way done since I keep getting new requests to be put in the book. Keep the requests coming though! :)

0 0

i havent even finished reading the whole thing, and its great! good job. i cant wait for the final release.

0 0

What about unserialise()? Mentioned that?

0 0

@mozzer, no I haven't. I might / might not. I haven't ever actually worked with that exploit(the array buffer overflow that allows you to execute code), but I might experiment with it enough so that I can teach it in the book.

0 0

Great! If you need help with anything post it here, i'm sure a lot of people are willing to help. I am anyway ;)

Banned
0 0

Remote File Include is a must.

Its one of my favorite exploits, too.

-Bl4ckC4t

0 0

Yay now two e-books im looking forward to!

0 0

mozzer wrote: http://www.corruptcode.com/readmore.php?id=10

Thought I'd mention it

lol… not sure if they saw my thread and decided to do it, or if it was a coincidence. but i had been writing it since april 2 and had it planned since the last couple of weeks of march, just deciding whether or not I would do it. kinda funny though if you ask me. I don't talk to xenoix though so I have no idea.

0 0

Haven't heard anything on this thread in a couple weeks… Just wanted to see if the ebook is still in the works. Sounds quite interesting, and I'm looking forward to it.

0 0

The xss section is sexy. I can't wait for the full thing to be released.

Thanks and Good Luck/Swift Typing

0 0

Hey there,

I was just wondering if this project was still in motion. I would really like to read up on it. Please let me know.

Thanks,

0 0

What happened dude?

did you finished writing the book.

I am very eagerly waiting to read it.

a book from MASTERMINDS and GODS of HBH.

wow!!!. very excited :)

pls.. some one reply.

is the book published? where to get it?

0 0

Still being worked on

0 0

The Flash wrote: Still being worked on

Rofl at your sig quote :D

0 0

oh.. still being worked on???

0 0

is this ever coming out?

0 0

you could talk about Buffer Overflows, and how to use a exploit < code it in -> perl,C or so on, and you could teach some basic php cookie log, or something like that, sorry if this is not any good idea's.. cant come up with anything else., ohh well i might post some more ideas later,,

EDIT:

You Could Talk about, How to Keep The Secure on a computer on. END OF EDIT.

0 0

Hey this E-Book sounds like it is going to be awsome. ANy news on the release date?

Cheers.

Relentless.

0 0

umm….ok what's and E-book?

0 0

Dude how long have you had an internet connection?

Its and Electronic-Book lol

Relentless.

0 0

wouldnt mind seeing some of the lesser seen XSSes passed one through the Expected header before

0 0

I would like to see a chapter talking about the general ideia of penetration testing.. there are several articles talking about each of the methods used to hack.. anyways its hard to find something that teatches the main phases of pentesting.. i mean.. what are the holes that we should firstly cover when pentesting a site?… hbh is great but some challenges give some hints about security holes that people should learn to see them and at least know that it is possible to have this or that hole in the challenge rather then beeing told what they should google for..and a ebook covering that slhould greatly increase the understanding of what pentesting is.. anyways this is just me talking.. :)

0 0

Sorry about not giving any updates recently. That's because that there hasn't been much of an update. I did start writing a good bit portion of the SQL injection chapter, but that is not complete. I have been quite a bit overrun with paying work, which obviously must happen first before something that is simply for free and goes out to the community. I know that contributing to the community is great and all, and its why I started writing it in the first place, but for the past few months I have been quite overrun with paying projects.

Again, sorry about leaving you guys in the dark. I can't say for certain when and even if I'll be able to finish it, but once I have the time to sit down and write some more, there will be no more updates.

Sorry, Chislam

PS you have probably noticed that I do not even come on HBH much anymore simply because of everything I said above.

0 0

No worries dude thanks for the update :D good luck with your workings.

Relentless.

0 0

if you got the chance could you upload a taster of the book