Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

ok i need some help here

0 0

i downloaded john the ripper, and i have read tutorials on it a million times and i still dont kno y i keep getting this message:

"No password hashes loaded"

what does that mean? and how do i fix it??

...Legend?
0 0

have your got a word list ?

0 0

yea.. i have quite a long word list too

0 0

Hi,

what does the passwd file look like?? it should start with something along the lines of ….

user:hash

i.e.

hbh:spnlhmTpnxYQ.

–unreb

0 0

That message, more than likely, means that there is something wrong with the password you put in.

Make sure that you have the username password in a txt document in this format:

username : password (without the spaces)

If you're still getting the message, go back to check the password. Make sure that you got every character.

If it's still happening - try another password. If the new one works, I would say to use another cracker - ie Cain and Abel.

Good luck.

0 0

JtR is simply the best, so try until u get it. But, as already mentioned, the hash has to have the correct length. Otherwise it doesn't get loaded.

Try this MD5 hash 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 it's the word 'password' without quotes. Check if the word password is in your wordlist, then try to crack this hash to see if you're doing it right.

Feel free to PM me with questions.

Peace B)

0 0

ok heres wut i get wen i put that 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 into the jtr…

john-386.exe –wordlist=list.txt c:\pssword.txt Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (NT LM DES [32/32 BS]) fopen: list.txt: No such file or directory

the list.txt is in the exact same directory as the jtr program…i dont get y it says that last line….and wut does the 2nd line mean? that it worked? how do i see the password once it worked?

0 0

Its been a while since ive used jtr, but I think you might only need 1 "-" so it be: john-386.exe -wordlist=list.txt c:\pssword.txt

0 0

no, it says clearly that i need 2 - marks…..so i dont kno wut to do…but maybe my password isnt really a hash or sumthin? i dunno im new to this…heres the password: c8hgvz….does that work with jtr or wut?

0 0

ok i still havent figured this thing out…i need some more help with jtr….this is wut the screen looks like(btw, im using a cain and abel wordlist):

john-386.exe --wordlist=wordlist.exe c:\pssword.txt
loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (NT LM DES [32/32 BS])
guesses: 0 time: 0:00:00:00 100% c/s:1999k trying:ZYRIAN - ZYZZOGE

can someone explain 1)wut is going on here 2)how do i fix this 3)what are salts 4)does my pssword.txt file hafta say "user:(then wutever the hash is)" or can it say "password:(then wutever the hash is)"

please?

Admin from hell
0 0

First off c8hgvz is not a hash. Did you read my article? And if your using windows the proper way to put it in is.. john-386 -w:wordlist.txt pssword.txt. No double – and no =. I've used john for a long time and it has never failed me:p

0 0

ok, i read ur article..but i did not find anywhere that says wut a hash actually is…also, i tried the one - mark and i get the same answer so that isnt the problem…is this a hash? d6a6bc0db10694a2d90e3a69648f3a03 cuz if it isnt than wut do i do with it? if it is then y isnt it working wen my pssword file is admin:d6a6bc0db10694a2d90e3a69648f3a03? is that not the correct syntax for a password file? someone help me out here