Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Yahoo Username = IP Address

0 0

I've done way more searching for the myths and legends of yahoo IDs giving out the IP address of someone's computer and I haven't found crap except that it is real. I went through every article on this site that even mentioned yahoo at all let alone through a butt-load of google searches and didn't find out the actual HOW TO of finding the IP address from someone's yahoo ID.

I know that when a yahoo user is talking to another user or viewing webcam, file swapping, etc. That the connection is a direct connect and the IP address is viewable but I cannot find out for the life of me how. Can someone help even set me on the right path?

I tried a traceroute, ifconfig, nmap, port scan of myself and everything within my grasp and I couldn't figure out how to find out the IP of the other user's computer.

0 0

netstat -? nbtstat -?

0 0

went for a netstat also, one of those few things in my grasp lol. Still notta except that it showed which port my yahoo was communicating through on my end. I then tried a traceroute -p (port) to see where that port went but it would just bring up the help text in the konsole.

0 0

yea u can do this with any kind of direct connection, just netstat b4 conenction, write down what u r connected to, then connect, netstat again, compare the 2 netstat reports, the second will have an extra ip, which is the person who u r connected to's ip

hope this helps

0 0

Given that a shot. It didn't give me an actual IP address but a Foreign Address like this (cs11.msg.dcn.yahoo.com:mmcc) and that's it… Am I doing something terribly wrong with my netstat?

0 0

Do "netstat -n"

0 0

THANK YOU! Um.. On another note. Anyone know why I can't log in to here when I am running through a proxy?

0 0

Nevermind about that thank you lol. That doesn't work. I cross referenced the IP addresses that showed up and they didn't belong to any of the people I was talking to… Still on the search now…

0 0

netstat -an…

From there, you can escalate that into nbtstat -A or -a…if that gets their MAC address, then we all know what can happen.

0 0

easyest way: use GAIM. if u send a message and the other user send u a message back, you have a button for user info.. easyest way ( i detected some1 from Ge who connected through a proxy, B) ).

0 0

yeah u r right… gaim gives lots of other information too…

but im not sure that it bypass the proxy also or not…

any idea or experience???:|

0 0

As much as I know .. Those were old days when it was easy to find a ip with a netstat command .. but now yahoo nomore makes direct connections …Even If u send a file It first gets to a yahoo server and then to the destination… So the ip ur getting is prolly of any server or so…

0 0

I agree with SoulTaker, at old days you could get the ip on yahoo very easily using the netstat -n but on these days it goes through another server even when you send a file.

at the same time , there must be another way which i don't know yet.

Kindest regards

0 0

if you did tracker 1.. then you'd know how to do this….

Go into yahoo mail over in the top right corner… choose options

click general preferences

scroll down to where it says Messages… not message actions…. MESSAGES

the top choice is headers…..

click to show alllllll headers

then go to save…. and then open an email you recieved…

thats the way i know how to do it…. it also works for gmail and hotmail… too

0 0

if you did tracker 1.. then you'd know how to do this….

Go into yahoo mail over in the top right corner… choose options

click general preferences

scroll down to where it says Messages… not message actions…. MESSAGES

the top choice is headers…..

click to show alllllll headers

then go to save…. and then open an email you recieved…

thats the way i know how to do it…. it also works for gmail and hotmail… too