Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

GW vs WoW

0 1

to put it simply, whats better and whats the difference.

am i right in thinking WoW is more kinda team vs team, where as GW is more team vs quests ?

anyone play WoW? Is it worth the subscription fee? what kinda things you do in WoW?

im playing GW now, but looking for a MMRPG thats slightly more action orientated.

0 0

Hmm, everyone I talk to say WoW is better but you need to spend a lot of time on there to make it worth it.

0 0

Cheese, if you ever played the Diablo games, then that is sort of what GW is like from what i have heard, however i have not ever played GW because it would be way too boring compared to WoW. WoW is deffinately worth the fee. And this X-mas, they are coming out with their first expansion, The Burning Crusade. I play at least 5 hours of week on WoW. It is really fun / addicting but in a good way as long as you don't like become a chinese gold farmer lol and get sleep deprived and die lol. But if you start playin WoW, play on the Server Bloodhoof with me and i will help ya out. :D

0 0

I wrote this awhile back, had to get it off the forums lawlz, hope it helps…

I've played both, and they are both different games, that doesn't mean they can't be compared, it just means comparing them is kind've hard. You have to know what you like… (Before I Get Flamed, Remeber this is called an Opinion and I expect many will Disagree with me)

WoW: Pros: Great Atmosphere, Enviorment, Always something to do, Good Servers will have alot of People, Lots of interaction, Very Immersive. Cons: Pay per month, With the blessing of lots of people, comes the curse of lots of stupid people, No good(read: fast) transportation system, Downtime on Servers, Wait times on popular servers, Time consuming, Not alot of variety in your character build, PvP is pretty much spamming and not very strategic.

GW: Pros:Better Graphics(some prefer WoW's cartoony ones, however), free per month, level cap of 20 and smaller PvE campaign, no grinding, Teleporting for transportation, much more variety in your character build, and two proffesions mean double the possibilities, excellent PvP system Cons: Not very immersive, if you don't PvP this game is pretty pointless, fighting areas are instanced(for hte most part) my old comp could not run GW but could run WoW, Expansions are more frequent and are 50 bucks

In conclusion: What do I reccomend? I love WoW, don't get me wrong, if my teenage years were infinite, I would play WoW every waking hour. I simply do not have the time, and so I am not willing to dedicate any more of my time to the game. Guild Wars on the other hand, I can come back to at any time and find I am just where I left off, I'm not far behind. Guild Wars is not the better game overall…Why do I reccomend it? Most people don't have the time to play WoW and be competitive. Guild Wars still rewards players for time played, but not nearly as much as WoW does. Guild Wars has a fine PvE enviorment, without be excruciatingly long, like WoW, and it's PvP is highly superior in every aspect.
There is no comparison for me, between PvP in GW and PvP in WoW, GW wins by miles. So, if you want to play other people, get GW, the startegy of using your skills together with your team to make something that works is amazing, if you want to fight programmed enemies for a good part a year, play WoW. For me, it comes down to do I want to spend an unsufficient amount of time playing an immersive game, or do i want to spend however much time I want playing a more strategic game, for me and most people, Guild Wars suits us better. If you have tons of time to burn, and would rather be immersed than use a strategic skilll system, and don't mind spending alot of time killing computers, WoW is far superior.

BTW Mr. Cheese, I do not know you =) but I wish you the best in your predicaments

0 0

I have never played Wow, purely because im not the kind of person to pay monthly subsrciption and what not. I have herd from realiable sources who are played it how ever that it is well worth paying for. Diablo is nothing like guildwars, however if you want a cheap RPG but with quality i suggest diablo 2 LOD expansion, its really good. It been out for donkeys, so has been updated with lods of new stuff in the game. In my opinion (i have never played WoW) GW is a touched down version of Wow thats not as good.

0 0

That sounds a bit right. However with WoW, you can do so much more. I completely agree about how many idiots play it tho lol. However with the expansion coming out this winter, it will be even more diverse. They are raising the level caps to 70, new profession called jewelcrafting, flying mounts, a new continent and plenty other new things. Now about PvP'ing, i havent played GW yet so i can't really comment about that, however, i think you are a little wrong about the spamming part of WoW PvP'ing. Yeah granted at lower levels there are not many spells and talents you can use, but at 60, if you don't know what you are doing and have a strategy for every player you face, you will lose almost everytime. Thats my 2 cents. :D

0 0

call me sad if you will though I dont think you lot should be talking gw and wow lol… anywyas now all the threads in the friontpage have a square number of replies….

0 0

Well i would say if you up for paying each month and if you have the time to play it buy WoW, if you have less time and dont think youll get your moneys out of it (and have a half decent computer ish) uy gw, if you dont play much and want something cheap buy diablo 2 with expansion.

If you a complete dipshit you could always play tibia =/ (please dont, its just above runescape in my opinion, complete balls)