Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

AssaultCube

0 0

Hey all,

There is this game that I recently discovered called AssaultCube. Seems pretty good for free, and I have the portable version on my pen/flash drive thing and so I can play it on other comps too. There is just one thing, I wanted to make my own server, but I have no idea how. I looked it up on youtube and it had a bunch of things, all concerning the built in 'server_wizard.' I don't know much about what it is asking about, but I have followed some of the youtube tuts, and none of them work for me. At the end of the server creation process, it just says 'you failed.' All of the stuff on the site is just a tad too technical for me, and many of the necessary documents are not there any longer. If you have heard of it, and have an idea what to do, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

t0xik

Banned
0 0

You should link to the tutorial you're following, post what you're doing and what goes wrong.

0 0

its simple you will find a file named "server_wizard.bat" in the game directory. run it and input what ever it asks for.

one note is if your behind a router do port forwarding to your computer from the router on the same port that your running the server on and add an exeption on windows firewall for that port too.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Tell us your OS, first of all. If you'd like, you can also PM me. I'm quite familiar with the engine.

0 0

Ever heard of the UDK (Unreal Development Kit)? It might provide a better engine and level editor than AssaultCube.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

techb wrote: Ever heard of the UDK (Unreal Development Kit)? It might provide a better engine and level editor than AssaultCube.

He isn't trying to make a game, he's trying to bring up a server for the game.

0 0

ADIGA wrote: its simple you will find a file named "server_wizard.bat" in the game directory. run it and input what ever it asks for.

one note is if your behind a router do port forwarding to your computer from the router on the same port that your running the server on and add an exeption on windows firewall for that port too.

In response to above, I have tried the server_wizard.bat thing, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

About the router thing, can you please explain it in simpler terms, thanks!

In response to spyware, I was just browsing youtube, there were several. I just searched "AssaultCube server setup"

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. The system data is as follows:

Manufacturer: Dell Model: Dimension DM061 Rating: 3.4 Windows Experience Index Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz 2.79 GHz Memory (RAM): 1014 MB System type: 32-bit

And, in response to stealth-, I don't really know if there is anything to PM you that I couldn't post in the forums.

Thanks all, you have been very helpful!

t0xik ;)

0 0

Diagram:

For another player connecting this is what needs to happen Remote host (Another player) -> Internet -> Router -> LAN -> Your PC (Acting as Server)

For an inbound connection from another player to your server

Internet (Port: xxxx/UDP) -> Router |||| |||| - Port is blocked

So, the idea is that by adding what is known as a port forward it allows the connection to go directly through the router to a specific machine on the Network. It passes the connection from a remote host (another player) on port xxxx to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:xxxx client on the LAN, to your PC.

Since your PC (acting as the server) should be allowed to make any outbound connections, you do not need to do anything else you should only need to open that one port needed for the game server.

Jim,

0 0

adding to what j4m32 said, to know exactly how to do that check the link below.

http://portforward.com/

now for steps on the wizard,

server description: could be anything you want

message of the day: anything you want

max clients: anything up to 20 but for slow connections (less than 4 MBPS better to keep the max 10)

admin pass: set the pass to something you know.

server port: you can check for the default port used by the game or just enter any port but try to keep the port greater than 30000

public server: enter 'yes' without ''

player password, either put a pass and give it to those you want to play with or just hit enter to allow anyone to join

additional server switches: just hit enter

win service name: acube or anything that is not already used as service.

win service display: same as the one before (win service name).

and your done.

0 0

Thanks very much to everyone, I learned a lot, but it is now coming up with a different error. It says, 'Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat … Failed!'

What do I do now?

Thanks, very much, I can tell that I am close to making this server!

t0xik

0 0

the folder "config" in the game directory is set to read only,

right click, remove read only and choose set this attrib to sub folders and files too.

this should solve it. assuming your using windows.

0 0

Thank you! <No need to type it 275,000 times>

0 0

Ahhahahahahahahahaha lol t0xik ur messyB)

0 0

rel4x3r wrote: Ahhahahahahahahahaha lol t0xik ur messyB)

Toxic I need help with this shit

0 0

t0xikc0mputer wrote: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you…ect

One would probably have been enough.

0 0

rel4x3r wrote: [quote]techb wrote: [quote]t0xikc0mputer wrote: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you…ect

One would probably have been enough.[/quote]

I know right who the fuck is this noob Like writing a million thankyous

Lol he's High[/quote]

U know what! I'm sorry I was being a douchebag. T0xik Please don't h4x0r me!