Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Online Gaming Lurking

755 14

I've been playing some COD4 online and the server that I get the lowest ping with, well the admins are less than friendly with me and enjoy a good temp banning of me. What I'm wondering is how to play anonymously on the server.

The game is less than legitimate, but the interesting thing is my 2 roommates have the same game with the same CD key and we can all play at the same time. However sometimes I log on and it says my CD key is currently being used when my roommates aren't on their computers.

I logged onto the server with a different user name however one of the more computer savvy admins picked it straight away. Told me that he had 'tools' that can detect my presence and temp banned me. What tool is this and how do I get around it? is it IP? CD Key? User profile?

0 0

find a new server and this time don't be a dick or whatever got you on the wrong side of the admins

Ninja Extreme
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: I've been playing some COD4 online and the server that I get the lowest ping with, well the admins are less than friendly with me and enjoy a good temp banning of me. What I'm wondering is how to play anonymously on the server.

The game is less than legitimate, but the interesting thing is my 2 roommates have the same game with the same CD key and we can all play at the same time. However sometimes I log on and it says my CD key is currently being used when my roommates aren't on their computers.

I logged onto the server with a different user name however one of the more computer savvy admins picked it straight away. Told me that he had 'tools' that can detect my presence and temp banned me. What tool is this and how do I get around it? is it IP? CD Key? User profile?

Well, I stay away from commercial games, so I could be wrong, but they are probably tracking you by your IP. From most of the games I play, the admins track down trolls via their IP's. There is even one setup for a game where they made a bot to notify them via IRC whenever a user un-liked by the community logs into any server they might have control over. It's actually pretty clever.

However, back on topic, assuming they are tracking you by your IP, and they have only banned one IP address, you should be able to reset your router (as long as you don't have a static IP) to get back in.

As for using the same CD key, if you used the key that came with the pirated version, then other people are probably using it aswell, and that would be what's stopping you from connecting. The Cod4 server might have a rule where it only blocks connects if two different IP's have the same key, not multiple clients from the same IP (although I can't see why they would be that lenient).

But, yeah, wolfmankurd is right. Not being a troll also helps with not getting banned.

Banned
0 0

Don't play CoD, play CS 1.6. Or promod.

0 0

As stealth- here already pointed out, chances are that they only check if multiply IPs is currently using the same CD key. Maybe they don't check it for the same IP in case you time-out or something similar.

However as to how the admins knows it's you it could be a number of reasons. They could check your IP as it's already been mentioned. If you play COD4 over steam, which I know a few people who does. They can check your SteamID I believe.

I'm not really sure how you would get around this. You could try to change IP if you're able to do that, if not you would have to find/create an insanely fast proxy. I don't think it's possible for you to change your SteamID, they are probably attaching your account to your SteamID on their own server.

755 14

Thanks guys, I'll try the router thing. I don't think I was being an epic dick, I was just wining by about 50%, when you go from COD6 to COD4 things get pretty easy.

On a personal note, I brought a car :D Holden VX with HSV body :D going to go work on it :))))))