Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Game Choices

0 0

Okay, well recently I've found myself to have more spare time than I used to, reasons are unimportant, and I'm going to get gaming again. My problem is all the games I love most, I've played over and over and over. So, I'm planning on getting a new console soon, to get some of the newer games and such but I was wondering what games, console and such people would reccomend. But instead of just asking for those two, I thought I'd make it more interesting instead of just a "Console wars" type question. So to help me choose and to give people some ideas of good games:

1. Favorite console?
  2. Favorite computer-gaming platform?
  3. Favorite new/modern game?
  4. Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system?

I'd say, at the minute..

1. Xbox
  2. PC, Windows XP Home SP2
  3. Tough one… Assassin's Creed probably
  4. Another tough one… probably the original Half Life game, or an oldie like Stonekeep

That'l probably change soon, because like I said I'm planning on getting a new console and games etc..

Retired
10 0

Well, I get ask this daily, as I work at a game sales store. Anyways, To help best recommend a console what is/are…

1. Your favorite console so far?
  2. Your favorite game genre? (FPS,Strategy,ect…)
  3. Are you six? (If so I can recommend the wii)
  4. Favorite Game of all time?
  5. How much do you expect to spend?
  6. Consoles/Games do you currently own?
  7. Do you play online?

0 0

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Retired
10 0

M4zh4r wrote: [quote]Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. [/quote]

And the point of this post was?

0 0

Point is that there was no need to list down more since OP already had enough information in post for his survey.

0 0

Firstly, Nice idea @ OP. :)

I thought I'd make it more interesting instead of just a "Console wars" type question.

Yeah enough of those. B)

Favorite console?

The PS3/PS2/PSX

Favorite computer-gaming platform?

The Playstation.

Favorite new/modern game?

Metal gear solid + Counter strike.

Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system?

Metal Gear Solid! :D

cueballr.

B)

Banned
0 0
  1. Favorite console?
  1. Favorite computer-gaming platform?
  2. Favorite new/modern game?
  3. Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system?
  1. N64/NES/N64/SNES/Gamecube/Gb(a)/NDS/, that order.
  2. WinXP SP1/2.
  3. Hmz. Tough. The Half-life 2 games, probably. And portal.
  4. Oooh tough. Ocarina of Time, probably. After that; Metroid Prime (the first one), any Megaman game, Metal Gear Solid.

I know a nice fifth question, though, favourite multiplayer game: the Smash series.

0 0
  1. Favorite console?

2. Favorite new/modern game?

3. Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system?

4. PS2, NDS, Xbox 360, SNES, Dreamcast - in that order

5. WinXP SP2.

6. Gears of War and the Castlevania series on NDS

7. Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Final Fantasy Tactics & 7, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Raiden… probably forgetting a few

spyware wrote: I know a nice fifth question, though, favourite multiplayer game: the Smash series. Warlords on the Atari 2600. :p Nah, seriously, Smash is great… my fav multiplayer game would be Unreal Tournament, though - followed closely by Smash Bros.

0 0

x_5631 wrote:

1. Favorite console?

5. PSX/PS2/PS3

6. Anything that supports epsxe

7. I can't think of one.. I don't play many modern games and I haven't played any game recently at all.

8. FF7.. close runner-ups FF6/FF3, FFT, FF8, FF9, Chrono Trigger, BoF3, Castlevania SoTN

:(
80 120

I hate replying to these things late. It makes me feel like I'm just copying off everyone else. Oh well…

x_5631 wrote:

1. Favorite console?
  1. Definitely N64.

2. Windows XP

3. Hmmm… Probably Dead Rising or Mass Effect. I am looking forward to Gears2, though.

4. Star Fox 64. I don't even know why. It's just so… awesome. Super Smash Brothers is a great game as well.

5. Favorite multiplayer game ever… Well, since Super Smash has been mentioned quite a few times, I'll say my (very) close second. Goldeneye 007.

0 0
  1. N64, XBOX360 in that order.

2. WinXp

3. Rainbow Six Raven Shield or Star Wars Battlefront 2 That's as modern as I get…

4. Ocarina of Time also and probably Smash(64 vs.) and DK 64

5. Mario Kart Series…

0 0

Thanks for all the replies and stuff guys. Some nice game ideas there. Interesting to see a few of them occur more than once.. might definitely have to check those out, especially the N64 oldies ^^

Anyhow, I got an Xbox 360. Now I just need to save up to get some good games for it.

I bought it with Star Wars: Force Unleashed, which was good and all.. but I've finished it in under 6 hours.

So, does anyone have any good reccomendations of good games for the 360? I'm thinking Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Far Cry 2, UT3, Ninja Gaiden 2.. Not all at once obviously, they're just ideas ^^

Also, does anyone have any online game suggestions that are really good.. excepting the obvious Halo 3, COD4, Ghost Recon, etc…

:(
80 120

x_5631 wrote: So, does anyone have any good reccomendations of good games for the 360? I'm thinking Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Far Cry 2, UT3, Ninja Gaiden 2.. Not all at once obviously, they're just ideas ^^

It all depends on what you enjoy. Mass Effect is a lot like the old KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) games. A huge amount of dialog and side missions rolled into a giant game of epic proportions. I know people that hated it because of that. Listening to animated characters talk does tend to get old, but I found the story intriguing and the gameplay fun.

Dead Rising is hard. Getting started sucks and the whole timed gameplay puts a sort of stress on the player. And the save system is horrible. But if the thought of running around a mall and killing tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of zombies with frying pans and sledge hammers sounds interesting to you… Oh, and if you get far enough you can eventually karate chop their heads off. That's right. Karate chop their heads off.

Once again, it's all personal preference. I like games to be difficult (Here's to you, Ikaruga). First person shooters have gotten sort of old, so anything out of the ordinary usually catches my attention. I find Rock Band and Guitar Hero pretty fun. I've also heard that Bioshock is amazing. Haven't gotten around to playing it, yet, so I can't really have an opinion.

I didn't really want to write so much but… well… I did. Oops.

0 0

BIOSHOCK!!!!! Amazing game. (not multiplayer)

But Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 is kinda cool with Multi.

0 0

x_5631 wrote:

1. Favorite console?

1.Xbox 360 2.WinXP 3.Favorite couple, Oblivion, Bioshock, mass effect, halo 3, warhammer online, unreal tournament 3 4.hmm, i would have to go with star wars demolition for the original playstation, good ol days

but yea good choice on the 360, it has more choices for games in all the catagories, great online support as well.

0 0

So, does anyone have any good reccomendations of good games for the 360? I'm thinking Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Far Cry 2, UT3, Ninja Gaiden 2.. Not all at once obviously, they're just ideas ^^

Burnout Revenge / Paradise, Gears of War (second one comes out next month), Assasin's Creed… for ones that hadn't been mentioned as far as I could see.

0 0
  1. Favorite console?

• XBOX 360, just because of Halo and awesome implementation of online gameplay

• PC - Modded Windows XP 64 bit

1. Favorite new/modern game?

• Crysis Warhead • Hellgate London is a close second

1. Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system?

• Sorry, I know I'm gonna piss some people off, but Halo.

0 0
  1. Xbox360
  2. Win XP
  3. Halo 3
  4. Hmm, hard one, think Ill say Half Life though Ive got alot of other titles I could say

5.Halo 3 again

Might seem a little narrow-minded but tried to keep it short and simple.

0 0
  1. Favorite console? Nintendo Entertainment System…so many memories :love:

2. Favorite computer-gaming platform? DOS

3. Favorite new/modern game? Metal Slug 3

4. Favorite game of all time, ever, for any console or gaming system? Umm….ermm…..it's a toss up between Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Duke Nukem 3D. Actually, Doom was good too…and Wolfenstein 3D….

5. Favorite multiplayer game? Counter-strike: Source :3

0 0

A lot of interesting views there.

It seems the NES and N64 have popped up a hell of a lot in people's favorite console. I've never had either of those two myself, I did (and do still somewhere) have a SNES though.. lots of good memories for games on that one.

Well, I went ahead and bought some games today. I can honestly say I've spent all the money I'd saved up :( hahah

So far for my 360 then I've got 10 games, not bad to say I've only had it 3/4 days haha

Star Wars: Force Unleashed Tomb Raider: Anniversary Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2 skate. Bulletwitch FEAR (Haven't tried this one yet, I've been told it's scary so I'm saving it for tomorrow night sat alone in the dark for full effect. Sad? Oh well ^^) Ninja Gaiden II (Haven't tried yet) Halo 3 (Haven't treid yet) Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (playing atm… is pretty damn fun online ^^)

So that's not a bad selection I think. There's just a few more games that're coming out soon that I'm waiting for but apart from that I think those should do me for a while. Especially considering I have the 1 month free trial of Xbox Live Gold, so I'll be able to play online if I finish any of them quickly.

0 0

FEAR was made to be played in the dark, alone, atleast imo. Youll enjoy it more that way, unless youve seen too many horror movies and so on and lost the ability to get scared by Video Games and Movies (which sucks) If thats the case youll still enjoy the Shooter-part of the game though.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

Burnout Revenge / Paradise, Gears of War (second one comes out next month), Assasin's Creed… [/quote]

They are all good games, except Assain's Creed gets very repeptative and gets quite boring after a while. Definatly worth buying if you like that sort of game. Just because the first time you play it, it's awsome!

0 0
  1. XBOX 360
  2. WinXP
  3. Halo series [ probably the new one that is coming out because it looks good so far, we'll have to see.]
  4. Damn this is tough, I'd have to go with Super Smash Bros though, damn good game… I play that more than I do Halo….
  5. Smash Bros Series and Mario Kart… soooooo fucking fun. Hard to choose one over the other, Smash barely wins.

Satan > God
0 0

I'm looking forward to a couple releases… Silent Hill Homecoming… for my ps3 and Gears Of War 2… for my 360 :)

As for my existing games, i recently downloaded wipeoutHD from the playstation store, addictive ^^ Metal Gear Solid 4 is bad :) trying to get the big boss rank, but doubt i will XD And even tho i defiantly prefer my real guitar… i got to admit i do like the guitar hero/rockband games to :) great for multiplayer :P I like Rockbands Metallica song on the drums :P (expert)

Fave console - ps3 Fave game - gah… Silent Hill Series… Fave Genra - Survival Horror.. lol