Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HL2.exe Error

0 0

Counterstrike has suddenly decided it wont load anymore. before it even starts i get a hl2.exe error.

it says the following files will be included in this error report: ..\LOCALS~1\Temp\14b8_appcompat.txt but i cant find the file =/

Anyone got any ideas?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

mambo wrote: Counterstrike has suddenly decided it wont load anymore. before it even starts i get a hl2.exe error.

it says the following files will be included in this error report: ..\LOCALS~1\Temp\14b8_appcompat.txt but i cant find the file =/

Anyone got any ideas? well, i think hl2.exe error means that it had a problem loading the physics engine.

maybe the fact that you couldnt find that file is the problem. maybe it's missing or it became corrupt. just redownload the game and install it again. i'm pretty sure it's free to download as many times as you want once you've bought it once because steam is awesome.

also, before you try reinstalling, you should check to see if steam can find the problem:

• right click on the game in the steam menu and go to properties
  • go to the 'local files' tab
  • click 'verify integrity of game cache'

hope that helps

0 0

**ynori7 wrote:**it's free to download as many times as you want once you've bought it once

Yep.

ynori7 wrote: because steam is awesome.

Nope.

ynori7 wrote: also, before you try reinstalling, you should check to see if steam can find the problem:

• right click on the game in the steam menu and go to properties
  • go to the 'local files' tab
  • click 'verify integrity of game cache'

Not completely sure, but I think that only checks the relevant GCF files, which contain models/sounds and stuff. The hl2.exe file is seperate, and you might need to completely remove the game and redownload it.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

mastergamer wrote: Not completely sure, but I think that only checks the relevant GCF files, which contain models/sounds and stuff. The hl2.exe file is seperate, and you might need to completely remove the game and redownload it. which is why i suggested reinstalling, but i figured it'd be best to see if that verification can fix the problem first. it only takes a minute or two and it doesnt hurt to check.