Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Wireless Signals P****** me off

0 0

I've just recently (through some very lucky discoveries) learned what is causing constant interferance to my TVs, speakers, and more important, my wireless internet signal.

Any wireless signal, be it a cellphone, or more importantly – a neighbor's ham radio, causes interference. Now I'm just curious, but does anyone know some specific ways to (Forgive me limited vocabulary, but) "deflect" the signals, or at least stop the bloody interferance?

0 0

Wrap your house in tin foil? never had that issue my neighbours are kind enough to share their wireless internet with me so i dont have issues

0 0

Sigh.

I'm not trying to prevent someone from using my wireless internet, I'm trying to prevent their interfering RF Signals from messing with my TV speakers.

0 0

Try changing the place where your TV is…

0 0

After several hours of searching, I've found it's due to GSM technology in cell phones. Hurray for me.

Anywho, I also have another TV that randomly recieves radio signals. I'm going to try replacing the speaker cabling with a heavier duty tomorrow, see if that clears it up.

0 0

if you put a a VGA splived antenna injto a screen would it pick up rf signals, like camera feeds maybe?

0 1

solution: 20 metres of CAT5e network cable.

i had wireless problems too (who doesnt), and i found cable was teh best solution!

0 0

that man has a solution for everything :happy:

0 0

Yes Wired Equivalent Privacy can be achieved much better with a frigggin wire. But could i randomly access stray RF signals by pluging an antenna into a old monitor VGA plug?

0 1

im not talking about privacy, im talking about general performance.

i hate wireless connections with avengence. they're unreliable, slow and 1/2 the data is lost due to the god dam parity bit system it uses. setting up my 20metres of network cable greatly improved my connection speed.

anyways, in answer to your question.. i dont know. :p

0 0

I doubt it would because it would have know x10 like device that only recives the video signal (or any signal realy). All the Rf crap gets recived by one thing all your get is noisy pointless static.

0 0

I doubt it would because it would have know x10 like device that only recives the video signal (or any signal realy). All the Rf crap gets recived by one thing all your get is noisy pointless static.

0 0

Almost three monthes later and I have the answer to my question. =)

Lead based paint.

If I were to do so, it would create (at least) a weak ferrite trap. (If there's the correct terminology, it was some days I read upon this, while googling other terms.)

The only downside is I would effectively be cutting off signals to my household. Nothing comes in, but nothing goes out.

Oh, and as fo rthe Wireless Internet, I hate it. It randomly lags, drops packets, and is just not very quality. I'll be running an ethernet line (Several, actually, for some built-in-to-my-wall-action) in a few monthes.

Anywho, as for the RF->VGA question, doubtful. Your monitor would have to be able to convert the RF signals, would it not?