Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Phreaking...anybody?

0 0

Before you flame me for asking, i've googled and read up on it. I would like to know if anyone has successfully done beige boxing and would like to help me out/mentor me. My old account (the_flash) is where i did most of my work. If you can help, add me at jamesrobertson10@hotmail.co.uk thanks

0 0

Well, i have, but ur in the UK, right? so i guess it wouldnt work there?

0 0

CaityT3hAw3som3, why wouldn't it? Do you even know what beige boxing is?

0 0

yes i do, i built a beigebox. and used it. and it worked. just figured that since the phone systems are different, that it might need to be adapted differently. Anywho, who the fuck are you to be questioning my intelligence?

0 0

I think it would be done differently. I dunno, but it's gotta be possible. I don't know anything about the UK's phone systems.

I know there was a phreaking subculutre in the UK, and an active one at that. Alot of box scematics from the US will be pretty useless to you, though- because they are designed to be used with american phone systems.

I would just keep reading and try and find an active UK phreaking community.

But yes, I beige box all the time.

0 0

Hi i am new around here but no allot about beige boxing in particular and since i am from Ireland the information should apply over there also!I will be on hbh IRC a good bit so just pm me or whatever though since I am doing exams i wont be around for a bit,,,,,,,,,But still i would love to help and maybe you could help me with general hacking or somthing?

0 0

Thats nice to know S25,

I want to get into phreaking but thisis easily the most quiet section of the forums :(

0 0

Like most things worth doing it can be difficult,I dont profess to be a genius or anything but i know a bit and am trying to lear all the time :) And who knows with my posting and becoming a active member here the place may become mroe active :)

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

Fellas….beige boxing is beige boxing, no matter where you go. The DTMF tones may be different frequenices, but the basic concept is finding the ring and finding the tip wires and clipping on. If you're in the UK, build your beige box from a BT (british telecom) ready phone. If you're in the US, build it from any landline phone that works. Same goes for all areas…

I'll throw this out there right now…if people want it and Mr_Cheese will put it in the Articles section with the rest of the videos, I will make a "How-to build a beige box and use it." Video. Let me know if you want this….if I get enough of a response and the attention of the "head Cheese" I'll see what I can throw together.

0 0

I would like that video.

0 0

FLASH_ wrote: Before you flame me for asking, i've googled and read up on it. I would like to know if anyone has successfully done beige boxing and would like to help me out/mentor me. My old account (the_flash) is where i did most of my work. If you can help, add me at jamesrobertson10@hotmail.co.uk thanks

I have and it does work, once a line is setup but there are issues with how loud it is.

0 0

I have never used a beige box before. Red boxing was always my favorite thing. I have a couple of cd's that have the tones for a quarter, nickel, and dime, and I just plop that into a cd player, attach some high quality headphones, then call the operator and have her dial the number for me. When she asks me to insert money, I just put the headphones up to the receiver and hit play.

It's worked everytime.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

That's about the only way I can redbox these days is to do it while SE'ing an operator. I'll never forget…

Regret: "I'm trying to place a call and this damn payphone won't accept the tones." Operator: "Ok, try putting your coins in for me." Regret: tones for 2 quarters Operator: "That sounded kindof fuzzy, almost like it's being played thru the mouthpiece." Regret: "You can do that? Though that was just something from the movies?" Operator: she chuckled avoiding an answer "Ok, press the coin return and try it again." Regret: pressed coin return and re-played the tones "Do you guys ever replace these payphones….this one looks like it's been here since the 80's." Operator: "Is this phone inside a resturant or business?" Regret: "Yeah, I'm in an old bookstore." Operator: "Ok, what number are you trying to dial?"

See what happens here is I planted the idea in her head that it was a legacy COCOT payphone that had not been upgraded because the owner did not want to pay the fees. Legacy payphone will still produce the multi-band signals when you drop coins and are still around…just gotta know where to look for them.