Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

more active forums

0 0

on the home page it only shows 5 active forums. i spend most of my hbh time looking at forums and i think it would be cool if you could set this in options mayb, to something more like 20.

Python Ninja
0 0

twould kinda wreck the layout,

But i spend most of my day trawling the forums (Which is how i wound up mod in teh first place), and i just check out general hacking and off topic periodically, as well as a few otehrs, they are my first port of call.

0 0

Maybe add a option to make users chose how much topics they want to see with a max of 20 or so? Or make a feed of the latest 25 active forum threads?

Python Ninja
0 0

Me likey, i know i'd use that,

0 0

Me too, it'd save a lot of time :happy:

0 0

richohealey wrote:

… (Which is how i wound up mod in teh first place),….

'Teh' suits you :D

Python Ninja
0 0

yeah, laziness suits me too….. i tend to type it when i shoot for "The".. oh well….

0 0

If the staff is too busy, I just finished my exams. I'm going to travel a lot though but I will probably find a hole to code the rss-feed if I get the source of that panel.

The feed might also help to decrease traffic because you don't have to load all the news item and such.

0 0

I think it's an awesome idea, I use most of my time in the forums too, and it would indeed save me a lot of time.:ninja:

0 0

richohealey wrote: twould kinda wreck the layout

yeah thats why it would be an option each user could set. or mayb a whole another page under "discussion forum" in the navigation panel that would contain a large amount of active forums.

it sounds like lots of people here like the idea we should make this one a reality :D

0 0

Or to perhaps make it so ithat when you set the amount of 'recent' topics, if you went over 5, it would put it into a div with the scroll attribute?

Just a thought.

0 0

iv got the answer…

have a new poll saying: how many recently active threads do you want to see in the homepage with the options something like 5,10,15,20

and then once the votes are done fix the homepage so that it has the most popular number of active threads.

Python Ninja
0 0

Nah, i like digitalfires optional idea, suggested to the Devs.

0 0

yeah but that will take time to do and my idea is a good temporary solution and also the current poll is boring

0 0

awesome. thanks richo.

0 0

Love the idea guys!:D