Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A disagrement

0 0

Well myself and larika have come to a disagreement. I wish to base hacker. on BT2 and then add so many custom options like dr17 etc. larika wants to just start from the ground up and only produce a basic distro with tools. What is your oppinion?

Python Ninja
0 0

hmmm well i think ground up.

that way you avoid having to put credits to bT2 everywhere. will hame it much more professional loooking in the long run IMO.

my vote: Ground up

0 0

I agree… but it depends how much time you can/want to put into it!

0 0

well we have now gone our seperate ways and i am continueing on with Hacker. and larika is doing well i dunno wat he is doing

0 0

Well Santa, i already explayned that starting from BT2, as richo said, is going to give more credits to remote exploits, not to hbh guys.

My opinion is that BT2 is based on SLAX 5.1.7 and Hacker. should be based on SLAX 5.1.8, not based on BT2 or others. Thats the first point.

The second point is that youre saing that you wanna it whit KDE and not in DR17, becouse you and Cheese decided to do things graphically and not CLI. You cant do GUIs for DR17??? Yes you can.

09/05/2007 11.35.11 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. what do you think to start from slax (the last one) 09/05/2007 11.35.42 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika slax yes 09/05/2007 11.35.44 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika start from slax 09/05/2007 11.36.16 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. my idea is that, based on slax is ok, but starting from bt no, becouse people will say, they just copied and modified bt 09/05/2007 11.37.36 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika yeah sure 09/05/2007 11.38.38 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. well sorry 09/05/2007 11.38.41 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. youre right 09/05/2007 11.38.56 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. bt2 is entirely based on slax 5.1.17 09/05/2007 11.39.20 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika yeah 09/05/2007 11.39.21 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika your point 09/05/2007 11.39.26 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. 5.1.7 09/05/2007 11.39.35 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika yeah so? 09/05/2007 11.40.21 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. SLAX Standard Edition v 5.1.8.1 owr live cd will be based on this ok? 09/05/2007 11.40.42 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika well whatever one i have 09/05/2007 11.40.44 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika let me see 09/05/2007 11.40.45 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika brb 09/05/2007 11.41.05 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. http://www.slax.org/modules.php 09/05/2007 11.41.16 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. ill select some good module from here 09/05/2007 11.41.21 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. for first thing 09/05/2007 11.41.37 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. so we now also how to make new modules and to modify 09/05/2007 11.41.40 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika well i still want bt2 modules kk? 09/05/2007 11.41.46 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. ok 09/05/2007 11.41.46 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika yeah i always knew that 09/05/2007 11.42.06 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. you can extract bt modules from the bt2 cd? 09/05/2007 11.42.13 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika m i duno 09/05/2007 11.42.21 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. kk me too lol 09/05/2007 11.42.52 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. well, for first thing ill start on this one, then we will think to add bt2 modules 09/05/2007 11.43.25 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. ill do a livecd from slax, adding some modules, tring to get the enlightment working 09/05/2007 11.43.27 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. ok? 09/05/2007 11.43.38 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika well i still think we should start with kde 09/05/2007 11.43.50 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika but dude how the hell do we add menu entries for kde etc? 09/05/2007 11.44.14 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. i yet replied to you in the forum about that 09/05/2007 11.44.30 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. theres an article in hbh and a usefull link by spyware 09/05/2007 11.44.31 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika yeah but that was only about the damn icon to open the menu 09/05/2007 11.44.42 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. lol yes, its a start 09/05/2007 11.44.53 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. however i wnt start whit enlightment 09/05/2007 11.44.59 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika well we cant add modules if we cant let people get to them in kde 09/05/2007 11.45.16 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. it will be very original and the site have more staff in howto change menus etc 09/05/2007 11.45.29 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. why not? 09/05/2007 11.45.48 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika because me and chese decided this thing will be done graphically not by command prompt 09/05/2007 11.45.56 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika thats the whoeld amn point of this project 09/05/2007 11.48.30 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. we can do graphically whit enlightment too 09/05/2007 11.48.37 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. why not? 09/05/2007 11.49.01 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika because thats what me and cheese want 09/05/2007 11.49.18 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika look if your gunna dis agree with things we already decided on i dont want your help 09/05/2007 11.49.52 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika screw it 09/05/2007 11.49.57 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika i will jsut do this all myself 09/05/2007 11.50.03 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika and only enlist help of others for speial things 09/05/2007 11.50.04 DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. Larika ok 09/05/2007 11.50.26 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. np 09/05/2007 11.50.32 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. ill do my own 09/05/2007 11.50.35 Larika DOM and others. SANTA and… well he dont have any friends. peace

Well theres nothing to say, if you wanna do all by yourself, decide whit cheese, start from kde instead of dr17 but then use dr17, well work all by yourself.

Ill do my own starting from the SLAX 5.1.8, ill do it whit all the people that want help me (i dont wanna do it all by myself), ill base it on DR17. Ill dont use any of the BT2 or others livecd modules. I wanna do it from the beginning to the end, i wanna take all time needed to do a professional work, i wanna build a original security/hacking linux livecd.

A hint for your work :

1. install bt2 beta
  2. install bt2 final
  3. lilo -v
  4. boot bt2, customize it (if you mean changing background and some tool)
  5. make iso from your installation
  6. give more credits to remote exploits

Peace. I ask all the people and cheese too to vote. If people is not agree whit me, well peace have a good work. Ill work on my own livecd and ill dedicate it at myself.

0 0

Its a fair point. If you start from BT2 the only rep you'll get (outside hbh) is "a lame skiddie who ripped BT2". Doesn't matter how much work you put into it, it'll always be considered a rip.

Working together from the beginning seems like the most logical way to go forward.

Just my 2 cents though.

The Manager
0 0

I am 100% in agreement with Larika on this one. Do not copy BT2 it is a waste of all your hard efforts if you want this to be picked up at all.

Also LiveCD is not the way to go…perhaps have 2 releases one LiveCD and one Hard Install for people who would prefer to place it on their Hard Drives.

Enlightenment DR17 (Nick Named E17 NOT DR17) is the way to go with a window GUI because, even though KDE is stable it is crap…as is Gnome. E17 is cutting edge, totally customizable and easy to code for. Enough said.

All this being said I vote for Ground Up and not Copying someone elses work and adding a few things here and there…

Python Ninja
0 0

Larika: I want to help with you. Next time you're on MSN we'll discuss further.

Later

0 0

O shit the project is going down I think.

SANTA dammit.

Larika is trying to make everything good and you start fight.

If you wanna good project, then there shall be no fighting.

Banned
0 0

Knew something like this had to happen. I think using BT2 is veerrryyy lame and skiddish, 'cause you don't need to add much stuff to that do you? Starting from 0% is way cooler.

I think you (Larika and SANTA) should post everything you have about Hacker, zip all image files, zip all scripts and zip the rest, upload it somewhere.

Note to The_Flash: Haha! I don't need to eat my hat after all.

0 0

ill do soon spyware, but for now i have the hbh stuff downloaded, code and articles section, slax 5.1.8 iso and all the modules from the slax site. I have also some good docs and papers. So you can download it too from hbh and slax. Thats all for now. Once ill do the first iso ill upload it and all can contribute on it. Even if Mr_Cheese is agree whit me and i still have permissions.

0 0

i agree with larika.

Ground up!!

0 0

sorry santa im with larika , i hope the project continues

0 0

i have to admit, lakira is right about this one. there is no point in ripping another hacking distro just to add a couple of articles and GFX, then claiming it as your own. I vote ground up.

ps. Will this project still be called hacker. ?

0 0
  1. the project is going ahead. but im doing all by myself, i havent seen any new submission by other members, like graphics or scripts or anything.

2. the project is still named "Hacker."

3. no one is fighting. there are only two differents ideas, two differents persons.

Of course as you can see SANTA and me are on two differents ways so, im waiting the Mr_Cheese opinion. If Mr_Cheese prefer my way ill go ahead putting hbh stuff on it, else ill go ahead and i will create my own work.

This is becouse Mr_Cheese can be agree whit SANTA and if is this true ill left this project and continue in my own. Im not interessed in ripping BT2.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope i cleared all the doubts whit that reply.

0 0

I'm sorry santa but I think that I have to agree with Larika and most of the other people who have posted here. It's better to make something from the ground.

0 0

My first iso have yet enlightment DR16 working fine whit some other good module. Ill try tonight to take DR17 instead and to add most of the needed libs and drivers. Its simply beautifull.

0 0

Larika. Defineatly.

i really don't wanna see Hacker. die, it was all going so well. If you need any help/script/graphics or whatever i can help out. :D

0 0

It's a tough question really, but what it boils down to is do you want your distro to be a flavor of linux, or a flavor of backtrack.

I've gotta go ahead and say ground up too.

If I do come up with anything to contribute though, (probably a python script. anyone got an idea?) I'll make it available to both projects. Since both will use the .mo package system (i assume), there's no reason they can't overlap. I think that having two basic frames, and then a repository of .mo files would be incredible. Kind of a 'roll your own' distro.

I hope for easy usb thumbdrive installs. It's always tricky getting my ipod to boot when I reinstall slax.

0 0

I say ground up, pretty much for the same reasons already stated. You want to make a hacking distro, not a copy of backtrack2, because bt2 is ALREADY a hacking distro. So yea, ground up, and good luck Larika.

0 0

Larika I agree with you. Of course I do.

Good luck. I don't think I can help you with project. I will be your mental support :p

Ground up

0 0

Well you see i screwed up i want to build it from slax on the judgement of you guys and your preferences but i really want to be heavily involved and i dont have the damn time to do it all from the ground up so im prepared to work with larika in the situation we were in before but ti would mean that it will most probaly be 1-3 months before the first beta is out.

0 0

you can always bring more ppl in.

i keep what i said on previous topics

start from slax as it's perfect for this kind of projects. try to stay away from bt as much as possible. you can't fight a team like that they do it almost full time have more members and more experience

try to keep it compatible with myslaxcreator so i can install it to my pen drive =)

0 0

I would build up from Slackware. It is incredible stable (so i've heard), its been around forever, and just seems like a good starting point. BT already has everything done.

Banned
0 0

THANKS FOR BUMPING.

LOCK FOR NOW, PUNISHMENT LATER!.