Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH Linux Q&A Thread...

Greyhat in Training
0 0

Q1: How much will the CD cost? Q2: Will it be available at HBH Con?

0 1
  1. free download
  2. doubt it

0 0

Q: Is someone still working on the HBH Linux project?

0 0

Q: this is basically going to be a linux distro with some pics, challs and articles on it isnt it?

0 0

Q if its still being worked on, roughly how long unitl its finished?? Q could we have a regular update on it or something so we know if its still happening??

0 1

Q: Is someone still working on the HBH Linux project? ^^ i believe so

Q: this is basically going to be a linux distro with some pics, challs and articles on it isnt it? ^^ pretty much. with a few shell scripts and cron jobs for hash cracking etc

Q if its still being worked on, roughly how long unitl its finished? ^^ no idea

Q could we have a regular update on it or something so we know if its still happening? ^^ i'll get the guys working on it to update you guys

0 0

santa and larika were last working on it, i do not believe that they still are, atleast santa isnt. it was basically going to be back|track>>2 in my understanding. if you want an OS like what it was going to be get BT2

0 0

i would help with it, but i fail :<

Banned
0 0

Project was a total failure. In the end it became clear that SANTA just wanted to reskin/retool a BackTrack distro, and Larika decided to continue (alone?), project died completely.

To do this you need to have ALOT of programming experience, I'm not just talking C++ but also Perl, Python and LOTS of Linux experience.

In order words: go back to your pathatic milw0rm exploits and wait and learn for a few years before you even try to think of attempting a risky, hard and fabulous project like this one.

In the mean time: There are enough security-focused distro's out there, go get some torrents.

Banned
0 0

varreon wrote: So thats it then? I have no where NEAR the linux experience needed, but even I understood this: http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Cooking_Up_Some_Slack_CUSS

Who's going to code the tools that we can add? Who is going to design the graphics we can use? (Note: those people who have two months photoshop experience please shut up for a sec). Who is going to maintain the project, keep everyone updated, fix the bugs, who is[/whois]

The article you linked to indeed tells us how to create a slightly modified slack-based distro, but not how to create a cool OS with everything you want. They basically give you a small piece of the map and a shovel, there is no "dig on the cross for treasure" on that map.

The treasure is somewhere, but will you find it? And when you find it, can others find it with you?

0 0

If this project is going to work you will need 5-10 dedicated people putting in the hours as well as numerous other people to code the tools and graphics as spy said.

I really don't think you understand the shear size of the task. all of that said if you could get the team together i would love to have an HBH OS.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

What would be on the HBH linux. Would it be like knoppix std?

Secondly dont build a distro why not just build a set of security tool and ut all the sucrity tools in one package as a program.

...Legend?
0 0

Definatly wrong thread but may as well keep these together …

What bout HBH the game ?

0 0

SET wrote: What would be on the HBH linux. Would it be like knoppix std?

Yeah, and every other security-oriented LiveCD distro. You know, given the focus of the site, I think it might be a more practical project to make a web server version of DVL. Intentionally place vulnerabilities in a complex web app, leave security issues in an Apache configuration, toss it all into a LiveCD and enjoy. Heck, for that matter, other web servers (like lighttpd) or other languages could be used. Just a thought.

Secondly dont build a distro why not just build a set of security tool and ut all the sucrity tools in one package as a program.

Umm… what? I seriously hope you're not suggesting to put all the tools into one program. God, the sheer massiveness of that program would be sick, if you could even:

a. Acquire "all" the security tools. b. Get the program to run for any extended period of time.

As for tossing them into an archive (zip, etc.), just use a BT2 LiveCD, as said before. If you're lacking a second machine to boot it on, then just boot it in VMWare / VirtualBox.