Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH LINUX NAME

0 0

What it says on the tin. Just post what you recomend for a NAME. Or if you like hbl

0 0

HellBoundLinux Roxx

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Yeah, i personally think HellBoundLinux would be cool

0 1

HBH OS or HB-OS

• just a suggestion.

0 0

hellux :p

0 0

here's a few: Hacker-OS Hacker's Choice

or just Hacker.

I mean that would be a badass OS to run. Hacker. (and with the period….makes it cooler)

0 1

only_samurai wrote: or just Hacker.

I mean that would be a badass OS to run. Hacker. (and with the period….makes it cooler)

agreed. i vote that!

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

But would sterotyping cause it to not be very popular?

0 0

What do you mean? About the 'Hacker.' part?

How many non-hackers do you personally know who run Linux? (NOTE: this is a sincere question. I personally don't know any and I was wondering if you know anyone :P )

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

I know 4…

0 0

i know 5

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

i like hellux

or just hellbound linux

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: What do you mean? About the 'Hacker.' part?

How many non-hackers do you personally know who run Linux? (NOTE: this is a sincere question. I personally don't know any and I was wondering if you know anyone :P )

I know of a whole company that runs Linux, but only on production machines.

I was thinking something like HBHLive, but "Hacker." is cool with me, too, I guess.

jaggedlancer wrote: But would sterotyping cause it to not be very popular?

No, probably the fact that it's almost a complete copy of Backtrack would probably keep it from being popular… except among HBH regulars, that is. Which is how it should be… it's intended for the members, right?

kakebok wrote: btw even if someone uses linux it does not mean they are a hacker:)

Stating the obvious… not necessary. :|

0 0

I got some ideas…

Hinux HellboundOS Hellinux

cant think of anymore at the moment…

btw even if someone uses linux it does not mean they are a hacker:)

0 0

How about

HB

Hacker

:P

Lol

Relentless.

0 0

heh….cheese voted for mine. i win.

Hacker.

0 0

Yes Hacker. Does sound good. It is simple and it will mean that only people like ourselves… Hackers will favour the OS. I dont want every little kid with a modem using it because then all i would have done was flooded HBH with Skiddies. But Hackers. is good But somewhere we must promote HBH.

0 0

I place my vote on Hacker.

0 0

Just an idea, how bout Hacker's Pulse. ? Or something like that, I don't know, just cause like the "Live" of Live Cd, pulse, yea, whatever. Haha. Just an idea :P.

0 0

"Hellbound Hacker.s Live" Anyone?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I'm suggesting "Helix", because it's HEllboundLInuX :)

0 0

Nice idea but it sounds a bit too scientific for a hacking distro. Because of the whole double helix etc. What do you think about "Hellbound Hacker.s Live"

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

I like Helix…its like the double helix in DNA :p…like an OS makes a computer and DNA (double helix) makes a human…i think you got my point, i'll stop now :D

0 0

It is nice but we need to ty hacking in with it somehow.

0 0

What about "Hacker.s Helix" As in it is a hackers DNA. or somthing of the sort? yes no maybe?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Whats with the . ? and i thought Héblox, but its a bit random :p

0 0

read earlier in the thread people liked it with the period at the end. and the s makes it a plural as in. The hackers blood/DNA

0 0

nope im still going with Hacker.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

SANTA wrote: Nice idea but it sounds a bit too scientific for a hacking distro. Because of the whole double helix etc. What do you think about "Hellbound Hacker.s Live"

What about Computer Science…lol

0 0

haha..

Personally I still like Hacker. (probably cause it was my idea) but i'd still run it as Hacker. Helix

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I think "Hacker." is alright, but to be honest, half the people on HBH aren't "hackers", they're just computer enthusiasts…

…also, I said I was going to bed over 3 hours ago, man I get side tracked easy…cya!

0 0

Why don't we just come up with some ridiculous name? Like…… Rotting fetus corpse grinding kickin chicken handbanana Ãœber aweshome fuxx0r3d distro for the pleasantly decaying bodies of turbulence pizza. Wouldn't that be sic? Haha.

0 0

wow….that distro name rockzors….. a bit short tho, dont ya think?

0 0

Yea, it deffinetly needs to be as long as five pages, at least. That might even be a little bit iffy, probably somewhere around 15, yea, that sounds good. So before you guys wanna finish the distro, I think you should come up with the 15 page long name. Hahaha. Oh, and I also found that there's another distro that has the name Helix.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

haha, 15 pages…i can imagin that…Hey man do you have (15 page long name) 10 mins later installed on your pc? Yes i do actually O.o but im sticking with mine Héblox :p and why go to bed now system? its 3 in the morning might as well stay up all night :p

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

i like hellux, helix or Héblox

like system said most ppl on hbh are just computer enthusiasts so hacker. wouldnt work… technically….

ps btw its only 9:13 pm idk what children are talking about :P

pss where do we send our articles if we've written one for the os?

0 0

Oh, and I also found that there's another distro that has the name Helix.

Helix already taken homie.

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

haha alright i didnt finish reading that post from you :P

then Héblox or Hellux

[TheN00bHacker]
0 0

i tried to add you just now(santa)

0 0

I don't see what's wrong with using a hacker name for it. Really. It's loaded with hacker tools….if you're not a hacker… go get ubuntu. This Linux build is for Hackers by Hackers. Really… give it a name that does it some justice.

Hacker.

0 0

Ok its final. Now i dont care what people think but myself and other developers have been discussing this. And essentially this is a hacking OS. It is not for end users. Therefor the name will be Hacker. If you dont like it dont use the damn OS but good luck trying to resist the assortment of yummy tools