Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH Cell Phone Alerts

0 0

Since so many people practically live on HBH, why not have cell phone alerts available when new news or they get new pms and they can read their pms all from text messages sent to their phone? its quite easy to send text messages from online to cellphones. I wouldn't mind coding it. Just an idea…

0 0

Not everyone can get free sms … And then it's are questions of security and not so.. Someone could send someone or something to get hbh cell's database so they could know who are hbh users.. (remember what is happening in england)

It is a great ideia, but I don't know how much the users are allowed or want their cellphone numbers over net…

0 0

well its just a suggestion ;)

0 0

i actually like the idea. ive been thinking about it myself lately as well. see i wouldnt have problem with it since i can recieve unlimited texts.

for security puposes i was thinking of coding it so that the numbers would be encrypted into a custom encryption. this way if anyone were to find the numbers the chance of decrypting them would be slim to none since only the creator knows the key.

0 0
  • yeah I understand it and it's really cool but..

There are some disvantages that members should be warned about first before giving their personal informations..

I would like this kind of service.. I'm awaiting the answer of the admins. :happy:

:ninja: Regards

EDIT: Yeah.. a custom encription would be great. Really nice. ;)

0 0

somewhere in the profile we can have an add mobile number for texting purposes. if hbh isnt willing to try this out im willing to try it out over at HR once its up and running.

EDIT* I would love to get HBH radio to work on the cellphone :)

0 0

I think its a great idea, but it would need some security:

flood protection arbirtary code protection personal encryption of messages

just to name a few.

0 0

For the floodprotection: Maybe you can add an option on the PMpage, that you can (also) send the PM to someone's cell-phone. The user only can use this option only once an hour, this would be a nice flood-protection.

0 0

okay since phones are kind of personal.. the thing that i would do would not just to allow every pm to go to the phone. i think that there should be a check off list for the people you allow to send you pm's to your phone. this way you wont get questions every few minutes about missions help.

there will also be rules for phone sending (if it happens) that no mission help can be asked in phone messages.

so only ppl you allow to send messages can. sounds good?

0 1

bad idea sry.

if someone accesses the site then they have a big list of mobile phone numbers.

and we all know what happens when phone numbers get released.. coughezekielcough

plus its alot of effort when only a few would use this service.

perhaps when we hit 20,000 members and 1000 active members i might consider coding it.

but until then, gonna have to check PM's the old fashioned way sry.

0 0

Ya that is a good idea because who would want someone texting them trying to get help i like were this is going.

0 0

well i like how hack4u said that you can check off who will send text messages to your phone from the PM, however also there could be a list of what the user would like to be texted to their phone. like maybe only have the news sent to their phone. As to encrypting the numbers, i am guessing we could use Jake's encryption method since so far i dont think that anyone has cracked it yet.

0 0

ha ha ha thats exactly wat i was thinking this morning…. Jake's encryption could solve it :P

0 0

hmm sounds nice , i gotta upgrade to the unlimited SMS plan

0 0

it sounds like a good idea. but like its been said before security. i do trust mr.cheese, along with a couple of other on the site, but i wouldnt give my cell number out knowing whats going on. but if it does come up i will consider the idea of getting it :happy:

0 0

why wouldnt you , if it was abused just get a new one

0 0

get a new cell phone number? oy i dont want ot have to go thro that. ive already did it once…thanks to a stalker. but yea if the opition comes around ill think about it.

0 0

Hmm but like you said if 'we all live' on this site, then no biggie if it takes us a little longer to get a PM. I've never recieved one that I needed to read straight away.

Anyone who I want to speak to have my number anyway, this system is a good idea nothing more imho.

I think to text members would be a better idea than pm's etc. But again it's something we can all live without.

Plus I presume you have to pay for an unlimited SMS inbox in USA, you don't in UK. When you purchase your phone, you can recieve unlimited texts and calls. I didn't know it was an issue.

I just think there are other things that could be doing at the moment…

0 0

i'm not sure about the others, but maybe some of them work like this but on verizon, you can send txts as emails… txt messages to number@vzwtxt.com and pictures to number@vzwpix.com. so those would be easy enough to code, since your essentially just sending an email. i was wondering though…. what if yall made a mobile page for pm's? like http://mobile.hellboundhackers.org would take you to a special pm page for phones with mobile web.

0 0

that would be sick

0 0

dammit stop using my quote lol

0 0

codenaur wrote: no offense HBH, but, everyone with a computer has hacked HBH

hm, that seems to be DMZ's new rallying cry. you're so original, you cute little sekkuritee expertz.

0 0

i said that as a joke now so many people are quoting it its just weird :S