Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Ultimate Computer!!!

0 0

DV8000T Intel Core Duo Processor 2.16 GHz 17” Bright Screen 256MG High Performance Graphics Card 2GB RAM 240GB Hard Drive memory DvD/LightScribe Burner Built In BlueTooth $2450

All upgraded to the highest performance I am purchasing this HP NoteBook and I was hoping I could get feedback upon this purchase before I do so. Please assist me in this purcahse :happy:

The Manager
0 0

Why would you only get the 2.16? get the 2.66?!

0 0

haha warren, maine.

portland here.

As for the computer it could be more 'ultimate'.

0 1

price is a bit steep for what your getting.

you could easily knock off about $600 if you built a PC yourself with slightly better parts.

but if you want a laptop then go for it.

0 0

-whats the gpu? -whats kind of ram does it have? -what kind of hdd does it have?

just saying its a 256mb graphics card doesnt help much ;)

btw, what i c atm isnt worth that 2450$

0 0

CoMRaDe_X wrote: haha warren, maine.

portland here.

As for the computer it could be more 'ultimate'.

Yeah! Like SLI 7900GTX but that doens't fit in laptop so :P

0 0

mayb a go7900 / 7900go (somthing like that :P)

0 0

you can get SLI 7800gtx in a laptop

0 0

Alotta feedback comin in and fast(lol). So everyone has opinions about this purchase involving different kind of computer(s) to better parts and highet GHz.Hmm…Mr_Cheese tell me what kind of combo I can go with to make a PC better than a NoteBook like you suggest if I'm correct?? I just want to know because I am about to spend alot of money getting a computer and my new rap studio together and I'm trying to get the most "bang for my $". Please give me more feedback.;)

0 0

lol rap studio

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

-The_Flash- wrote: lol rap studio

I was thinking the same thing, haha!

0 0

Look, you guys don't have to like me or rap. I could care less about your comments or dislikes on the subject additionally. Please go disrespect rap in the proper froum ; I posted this thread in search of help with buying a computer not for insults on my career. Again may I please have more suggestions on the computer peeps.

0 0

Ehh…I guess no one has anymore suggestions….if you do just PM me or reply upon this thread. :|

0 1

basically, instead of a laptop, just buy practically the same parts for a PC and then build it yourself.

building a computer really isnt hard and its ALOT cheaper too.

0 0

Any suggestions Mr_Cheese on waht kind of PC I should purchase so I can customize it???

0 0

build it… cant get more custom than that… try www.newegg.com for parts. i am building one that costs 1000 and can do more than urs can

0 0

C Cal wrote: I could care less about your comments

Sorry to be a dick and point this out, but, you COULD care less? As in, you care?

0 1

bigggnick wrote: build it… cant get more custom than that… try www.newegg.com for parts. i am building one that costs 1000 and can do more than urs can

exactly. deffo the way to go. and its simple too.

0 0

I realize it's cheaper, mroe efficient, and "easier" for people to customize their own computer, but I don't know how to assemble a computer completely by hand. I don't have the knowledge of creating a computer that actually runs at the best performance possible. I did check out www.newegg.com earlier and it's an ok site but I'm still worried whether or not I'm going to get exactly waht I want and whether or not I'll be able to put it together. Bobby B I h8 you XD:happy:

0 0

You say you don't know how to assemble your own computer, but no one does until they actually jump in and do it.

Seriously, look up a few tutorials on the subject on the internet, do some research, buy the parts you want and assemble the computer. It's really not hard, it's cheaper, you a wider choice and you'll have a real sense of accomplishment after. Plus, you'll also have the experience to build another one in the future, when it comes to.

0 0

i agree with bobbyb mayb someone u know has build a pc before, or u can try to (re)build an old pc, just to get the feeling…

0 0

Dude go thrashing. Find thrown out computers and build one from scratch. It shoudl work a hell of a lot better. all you need to buy is som Hard Drive.

Seeing as youll have money you can buy yourself 1TB of HD.

If you go thrashing in the right place youll find 1gb sticks. IF you dont feel like thrashing (im not encouraging this) steal the RAM from inside your school computers. I do it all the time. just make sure your school has 1gb sticks like mine does. :happy:

EDIT Also upgrade to a 19" or 21". I love my 19" :love:

0 0

Ok, I am going to make a customized computer then and buy parts from retailers. Also ; I have a computer I am using right now my school gave me for $49 it's an Mac OS X Apple iBook, do you think it has 1GB sticks??

0 0

LOL @ hack4u! I did that in school… except it was SDR Ram! DAMNIT.

I got so pissed off I tried selotaping it into the DDR RAM slot. Why…. I do not know.

It hasn't managed to reboot until this day. The fan fell onto the mother board and that's the end of that.

I'm going trashing once I get back from holiday - can't wait to see the sort of stuff I can get my hands on.

C Cal - I'm not sure if it works on apples but on windows you can run DX-Diagnostic. (Start > run > dxdiag)

The Manager
0 0

Case - Antec SLK3700BQE Black Quiet Super Mid Tower w/ SmartPower 350W Power Supply 95.00 Mobo - Asus P5B Socket 775 Intel 965 Express + ICH8R Chipset Dual-Channel DDR2 533/667/800 Gigabit Lan Intel High Definition Audio PCI-Express x16 Graphics 4xSATAII 169.99 CPU - Intel Pentium D 960 3.6Ghz Dual Core Socket 775 4MB(2x2MB) Cache 800MHz FSB Processor 182.99 Ram - Kingston ValueRAM DDR2-667 2GB (2 X 1024MB) Non-ECC CL5 (KVR667D2N5K2/2G) 191.99 HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 500GB 16MB Cache 279.99 ODD - BenQ DW1655 DVD+R 16x8x16 DVD-R 16x6x16 DL 8x/4x Lightscribe IDE DVD Writer (Black) 37.99 V/C - Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300(450MHz) 512MB DDR2 HDTV Compatible PCI Express Video Card 101.00 Mon - Benq FP202W 20" LCD Widescreen Monitor, 300 cd/m2, 600:1, DVI, 8ms, Black 289.99 M/K - Logitech MX 5000 967558-0403 Black USB Bluetooth Wireless Standard Keyboard Mouse 98.99 Cool - COOLER MASTER Hyper 6+ RR-UNH-P0U1 100mm Rifle Bearing CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink 34.99 ======= 1482.92

Those costs are straight off NewEgg.com

That would blow the pants off your Laptop model and it is $1000 cheaper!!!

0 0

C Cal wrote: Ok, I am going to make a customized computer then and buy parts from retailers. Also ; I have a computer I am using right now my school gave me for $49 it's an Mac OS X Apple iBook, do you think it has 1GB sticks??

No, it won't.

And if you DARE destroy such a wonderful piece of equipment, I will hunt you down and kill you.

Speaking of Apples, if this computer is for a rap studio as you say, then a Mac might be the way to go, they're really well suited for that sort of job.

0 0

Dude, are you fucking kidding me :matey: Mac OS X iBook's suck ass. Barely anything is compatable, NO recording programs that I need are compatable with this piece of shiooot and it has a crappy built in microphone.

AlderHawk nice list of parts ;)

0 0

Where do you trash? The junkyard?;)

0 0

Yeah, where is a good place to trash?

For computer parts, my dad has always had a spare twenty or so computers for me to get bits out of..

0 0

I wanna build a pc ! But I havn't exavtly got a good enough budget…

Were is a good place to trash ?? (to ask for a 3rd time:P) I mean, it'd be pretty hard not to get caught roaming around a junkyard or dump, and hard for me to get to one (theres none that I know of within walking distance, and I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't approve…)

I guess I'll start looking round car boot sales and see if I can get to a computer fair near me, which i've never had time to get to.

I shall build the most ultimate of ultimate PC's !!! or a really crap one from 20 year old parts with 2mb hard drives and 32kb RAM :)

0 0

AbSoRb wrote: I shall build the most ultimate of ultimate PC's !!! or a really crap one from 20 year old parts with 2mb hard drives and 32kb RAM :)

lol!

0 0

I wish someone would fucking answer me!:angry: