Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Application Patching Challenges

0 1

as you have noticed we ahvnt made any yet.

these are probably going to be the hardest challenges on the site and we wont have many.

the princible is basically designing applicatoins, that if exploited the app would reveal sensitive info or crash.

such as buffer overflow, plaintext strings visible in text editor, etc

What are you ideas on these challenges? What type of exploits could we have, etc etc

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I said to grind that instead of patching exploits how about patching the actual code, like if you get an error you have to patch it. Does that make any sense?

0 0

i was thinking maybe we have an app that needs validation (like appication cracking challenges) and we have to make anOTHER app that edits it and changes some values so it works/validates/…

something that in VB would look like

Put #1, &H48508, 0 
Put #1, &H48509, 0 
Put #1, &H4850A, 0```

Banned
0 0

system_meltdown wrote: I said to grind that instead of patching exploits how about patching the actual code, like if you get an error you have to patch it. Does that make any sense?

Yea, it makes sense. We could have it as an SQL error, then we see the file and have to find out how to fix it.

–May have repeated what you said–

Bl4ckC4t